She’s a member of a large teaching hospital psychiatric team and has completed a fellowship as well. I like her and I trust her. So far, on 15MG no problems. This is how I got up to 20, a week or two at a time. I have no reason to fire her. If I run into a problem, I’ve weaned off meds harder than this one, like Remeron for example which I did cold turkey (nurse practitioner), trip from hell but I knew what it was and survived it. I’ll wait and see. TY.
similar credentials like my doctor who put me thru hell and back .but unlike you i was never aware of the withdrawls .i thought i was going kuku.and celexa saved my life.good luck and take care of your mental health with what ever you think suits you.
hi jo, ive been through remeron withdrawal and it was hell but nothing compared to this i hate to say, this drug is far more powerful! x
That was your experience. It does not mean it will be mine. Thus far, I have no side effects. I am titering down in the same manner I titered up. Remeron is an anti-psychotic. Citalopram is an SSRI. I had no idea Remeron was in that class of drugs or I would not have taken it, but it helped me sleep (a very tiny dose, 7.5mg). The nurse pract. told me to just stop it, I would not have done that had I known what it was. During withdrawal, I looked it up on the internet. Knowing how difficult it is for people to come off it helped me enormously because I realized what I was experiencing was normal and would pass, and it did. This time, I have a very good psychiatrist and, should I run into a problem, she will know exactly how to manage it. She started me on 5mg for a couple of weeks, then 10 mg for a couple of weeks, then 15, then finally 20 which I have been taking only 2 months. I’ll be fine. TY for your concern.
ok good luck ![]()
Just wondered how your hair loss was. Been taking citalopram 10mg for 8 weeks, and about week ago anxiety racked up and I’ve started to loose some hair. It definitely is a side effect of taking it, listed on the leaflet you get in the box. Trying to get an appointment with doctor to try something else, as can’t afford to keep loosing hair and it’s not helping anyway, so as I’ve only been taking it short while going to stop until I can see him.!!!
Hi there Lemanna. i was just wondering if you switched yoyr antidepressant? i too have noticed hair loss with citalopram. im going to speak to my gp about swapping, Just wondered what you switched to and if you suffered any hair loss with that one? xx
hi. i think i am suffering from discontinuation syndrome, stopped citalopram 1st January and since then(also while tapering) had hair loss. normally do not see it but i have long hair and i feel it. all went normal till a month and then, it hit me with all the symptoms u can imagine, and still facing it. dont want to go to doctor as he says its a relapse of my anxiety and start medication again, which i dont want to.
how old are you if you dont mind me asking?
i am facing the same issue, i start losing my hair (in the front area) and baldness actually once i started taking citalopram 40mg ,
what about you ? is your hair loss in the front area as well ? and what about the protein level ? is it the reason why citalopram causes hair loss ?
hiya, i don’t know if anyone is still here to help. im having the same problems. my hair is coming out all the time in the front and on top. i can run my hands through my hair and at least 8 strands will come out, not always but 9/10 times hair just keeps coming. im 8 months postpartum, i know this hairloss is different to PP and the only thing i can put it down to is cit, as it started when i started to take cit. can anyone advise if it stops or will it carry on as long as im on cit? ive had some pretty nasty side effects from it, im only on day 18 so still struggling but not half as much as i was before taking them. im starting to feel slightly more myself as the days progress. any advise will be helpfull or even if people are going through the same, it makes you feel like less alone.
hi I know this post was a while ago hope you get it I started 40mg of citrapram and my hair is falling out rapidly what was your end result did it grow back ?
hi sorry to jump on your post im having the same issue I started 40mg and my hair is coming out what did you do in the end did it grow back ?
please remember to put in the work that means therapy and retraining our brains as to how we think it took a long tine for us to get here, its going to take time to get out of it the medication certainly helps but relearning how to properly process emotions is the key here is patience and persistence