i have been feeling unbalanced and it feels like the floor is moving or sinking

Went to ER yesterday after work .. My blood pressure was high 167/90

Fever 100 Dr said with migraine blood pressure can go up. I had ct SCAN and all ok thank God. I also have gallstones ...dont know if i mentioned earlier ...plus this heat/humidity we've been having in California and we're not use to makes migraines worse. Oh and to top it off I don't have a.c. ( air conditioning) in my car ) :

So it's been tough . Doesn't help with all the extra stuff... palpitations anxiety feeling hot all the time . I knew I had a fever ... I felt warm for days already / :

I still feel the constant swaying motion though. It's horrible when I was there with my eyes closed to do the SCAN... omygoodness.... I felt so sick to my stomach ..i wanted to get up. I couldn't wait for it to be over. I felt like I was doing slowly flipping upside down ...yuck...felt like I was on a raft just swishing back and forth. It rattles my brain for a moment ...this is constant all day everyday . If I'm standing sitting or in bed...driving I get anxiety out of no where ..i start to feel this weird heaviness in my head my face my shoulders my body...this weakness. It's like the moment I hit 40... I'm 45 now.

Hope you all are having a good day no matter what . Even I'd it's for 1 minute..enjoy it. Don't give up. I'm not.

Blessings

it might be worth getting check out for menopause.  All my problems with silent migraines started with menopause although I was 55 at the time, but some women can start earlier.

I asked my Gyno and she said no...you're young ..you still get your Monty cycle...i was like ok..whatever. I mentioned all these symptoms to my cardiologist and he even mentioned menopause..i told him what my Gyno said and he said that doesn't matter ...you can still be going through the change. He said he will get in touch with my Gyno after he's done doing his tests on me ... holtor monitor and echocardiogram. Omygoodness my head is swaying so bad right now ...hasnt stopped . And I still feel warm even though I have air conditioner on . Took Tylenol . / :

I have a follow up appt tomorrow with Dr for ER visit from yesterday . Oh and my neurologist refered me to a psychiatrist because he said I'm depressed stressed that's why my head feels the way it does. I was taking Zoloft but it was lowering my blood pressure so I stopped it. But I haven't told him. I take topamax for headaches but this migraine has been lingering for days

Hi Namesake,

I'm wondering how long ago you stopped taking the Zoloft and how long you'd been on them. A lot of the symptoms you describe, especially dizziness and unsteadiness, are symptoms of Zoloft withdrawal. Even if you had them before you went on the Zoloft, going cold turkey will make them very much worse. Antidepressants should never be stopped abruptly, but should always be tapered off very slowly under medical supervision.

Hi ( :

I was on them from May 27- June 15 to be exact .. towards the last week I started skipping days.

That's probably too short a period to have caused withdrawal symptoms, but some people are more sensitive to these things than others. Have you tried going back on a very small dose for a few days, to see if it helps your symptoms? You can cut the tablets in quarters if necessary, unless of course you have the slow-release kind.

I see you also mention questions about the menopause. May I ask how old you are? Although the age of menopause is steadily moving back, it still happens relatively early in some women. The average for my generation was about 51-52, but mine came quite naturally at age 45, and I had several years of symptoms before that.

I see your gynae said you can't be in pre-menopause because your periods are still regular. She can only say that if she's tested your blood hormone levels, which I hope she has done. Hormone levels are the only way to determine whether you're in pre-menopause, as not all women's periods taper off. Mine became heavier and more frequent for several years before menopause, then stopped quite literally from one day to the next.

I stopped Zoloft because it lowered my blood pressure . My Gyno did not test me. I'm 45.. been feeling like this for about 5 or 6yrs now. It's worse the last 3yrs .

Lily, I really think you ought to try and get a doctor to order bloodwork to see whether you're approaching the menopause. It doesn't have to be a gynae who orders this - well, not where I live anyway. A GP (PCP if you're stateside) should be able to order it.

I'm not suggesting that all your symptoms are caused by pre-menopause, but if you are in this phase it could be making everything worse.

I will ask my Dr. Tomorrow I'm seeing the P.A ( physicians assistant) my Dr is out of town and my appt with her is until late Aug or mid Sept. I'm not crazy about the PA but at the moment that's all I've got..its to follow up with ER from yesterday . Plus I've mentioned the menopause to the PA before and she said rhe same thing... to talk to my Gyno... I can't wait to see my Dr... I miss her ).:

damm,  it sucks if after my ENT visit the cause it still unknown.

yep. that is how i feel.

 

its funny how all of you started discussing what issues you guys are facing.

guess i am not alone on this.

none of the meds seem to help. hahahaha.

this makes my daily function of life very hard. how the hell can i do anything if i am on a boat?!

 

It took me many doc visits and years to finally get a proper diagnosis. Because vertigo and dizziness is a symptom and not a desease it can mean anything. Some docs esp some ENT"s don't have the training to deal with or properly diagnose some vestibular disorders. I have heard others found out the same thing. There's 2 kinds of ENT. 1 that just does basic stuff. Not much more than a GP. And the other which deals with vestibular disorders and all ear, nose and throat stuff. I had to go out of town to find such a doc. No neurotologists in my area.

The hard part is going for tests and MRI's and such. You want answers so you know what's going on and be treated properly. You pray they don't find anything bad. But your disappointed when they don't find anything. You want them to find something and don't want them to find something at the same time.

yup, what sums it up.

hahahaha , Thanks

I have that same issue.  I saw my GP and she said there is a lot of pressure in my ear.  She told me the symptoms of that pressure and it is exactly what I am feeling.  It feels like I am getting a double chin.  My throat and back of my neck hurt, mucus in my throat and it feels like the floor is moving, especially when I am near water, like the kitchen sink or bathtub.  My daughter is 20 and has the same pressure in her ear, but hers is worse than mine.  She has really bad anxieties, but I don't believe I suffer from anxieties.  My doctor gave her a prescription but told me to take Aleve D in the daytime and a decongestion at night because it makes you sleepy.  I am starting the process now and will see if it works..  

A good ENT or a neurotologist has a machine can tell him if there's fluid build up behind your ear drum. Sometimes that's where the pressure feeling comes from.

Hi,

I know how you feel, boat swaying heavy and light feeling

Where you from, still have a good sense of humor  

Would like to talk to someone in the same boat, can reach me at +6593809412 Whatsapp

Been to ENT clear, Chiropractor no use, now waiting for MRI, Neuro doctor gave me nerve medicine to try at meantime say need some time to work

Nobody know how it feels

Alan Male Singapore

Hello

Are you still active?

Pls reply , I have the same symptoms

its only when I walk though but all the time and it really suks .

CT scan - normal.

Ent doctor said it's not vertigo.

I'm 20 years and i dont think i have any anxiety problem.

Have you found the answer?

PLEASE REPLY.

I have a similar symptom, feeling of being on a boat when I walk and feeling of being pushed or dragged down to the floor. I don't have it constantly but a lot of the time... It can get worse around panic attacks or anxiety that I've developed too. I saw ENT and they said it could be vestibular migraines which can happen without a headache. Or they said it may be anxiety related.

Not sure though, I didn't get a clear answer!

i am going thru the same thing as you. i am 22 and have had it since i was 19 and still trying to fix it. hows everything going with you?