20 años de matrimonio y diagnosticado con herpes HSV2

Can you have no symptoms of.herpes.for 20 years and then have an initial outbreak?

My husband and I have been struggling with sex the past couple of years. I am very dry and sensitive in my vaginal area, and sex can be painful. 3 weeks ago, I felt a little less.dry than normal, so my husband and I tried to have intercourse. Our marriage has been less.thn normal and little rocky, so I thought, we need to reconnect intimately. When we started the intercourse though, we discovered I was really dry after all and the sex was painful. I asked, do we still have any ky. Well, my husband had purchased something other than ky and my vagina felt like

Thousands of needles had enfered my vagina. I had also just come off a round of anti-biotic, so we.chalked up this event to dryness due to yeast infection and soreness due to an alergic reaction to this trogan lubricant rather than the normal ky jelly.

2 days after this explosion and painful episode, my symptoms got worse... so I tried an ointment for the YI... my vagina was so much more sore after that... and I continied the treatment for 5 more days.

Well, after 7 dys total of imense burning itching, pain, and torture, I decided to go see my doctor. She could not see me for 2 more days... so I went to the internet for help.and learned about sitz baths.... this is the only thing that seemed to help.

I finally got in to see the doctor. She found one sore and sid she would like to check for HSV or herpes. She stafed that because I only had one sore, kt.was likely to be a "reccurence". I'm like, reccurence, I've never even had an "occurence". She said, lets just send this off and we will see what comes back. It will probably take a week. I freaked out, but said I would wait to find out the results. She also did 2 swabs to check for BV and a YI.

Okay, 2 days later, the results came back with a strong positive. Apparently that means this is an intial outbreak...well I have been faithful for 20 years....can my husband have had this all these years and just given it too me? I cant use condoms becuase of my sensitivity, so we never have. Please help me understand this. I tested positive for HSV 2 and I have never had chicken pox, shingles, a cold sore, or mono. The doctor would not tell me if my husband could go 20 years without symptoms. All I got was... it is hard to say, but it can lay dormant for years, but because your outbreak was so severe (such a high positive) that it is likey that I was only recently exposed.

En realidad, un resultado muy alto de anticuerpos IgG para el VHS significa que esta no es una infección muy reciente para usted, es decir, que la ha tenido durante al menos 3 meses, posiblemente mucho más, incluso años. ¿Quizás sus sensibilidades de abajo están relacionadas con el herpes? El herpes puede tener síntomas clásicos evidentes o síntomas leves que pueden confundirse con otros problemas. Usted y/o su esposo podrían ser portadores. ¿También se ha sometido él a la prueba de IgG?

Sorry for your pain but I'm going through almost exact same thing. Just got dx last week with h2. Have been with same guy for 24 years did not cheat. Funny after I started with symptoms and realized this could be herpes my husband admitted to cheating. We went got tested he was negative I was positive. I'm asking same question could I have had this prior to him 24 plus years and not know and never gave it to my husband. He has been only man I've been with in 24 years and we have had a lot of sex so how is it that he is negative. My levels also was high 13.6. Guess this is a mystery that will never be solved. Good luck to you. I'm apart of this group called Honeycomb Herpes Forum and people in there is very knowledgeable you may was to join I have learned so much about this thing.

According to the CDC, the opposite is true, lower numbers in the blood mean the infection has been there a while... the higher numbers occer with an initial outbreak. The sores... recent... two days after exposure. I have never had an outbreak until now... trust me... this was horrible, I would have noticed.

My Doc said in an initial outbreak, the numbers can be higher.... with 13 you may have had a false positive too. Your spouse may have a false negative too. Did yjey test blood or a sore? With me, they found a sore so the test is apparently more acurate than a blood test.

I had a sore... blood work negative. My infection was too new.

The test they gave me was on a sore, and if the numbers are higjer on the sore, it means initial contact especially if the blood work comes back with a negative. I had no antibodies to protect myself. Never had been exposed.

Una nueva infección no tendrá anticuerpos IgG detectables hasta aproximadamente 2-3 meses después de la infección, durante los cuales el volumen de IgG habrá progresado de cero a bajo a alto, por lo que se recomienda un período de ventana de 3+ meses para la prueba de IgG. Una vez establecido, la IgG generalmente se mantiene en niveles altos.

Describes tu resultado como un "fuertemente positivo", sin embargo, tu análisis de sangre ahora es negativo, ¿querías decir que tu prueba de hisopado dio fuertemente negativo? Estoy confundido. Si es así, no es así como se informan generalmente los resultados de las pruebas de hisopado. Son simplemente positivos o negativos. Los resultados de las pruebas de IgG pueden ser bajos o altos (fuertes), por lo que asumí que te referías a la IgG.

Una puntuación de 13 por IgG es definitivamente positiva. Solo los positivos bajos de alrededor de 3.5 o menos pueden ser falsos en ciertos casos.

¡Muy *positivo*, quiero decir! ¡Corrección automática!

My sore came back with a high indicatuon of hsv2 and the blood work was negative. My husband has not been tested.

I had a sore removed and they did a culture. The culture came back as hsv2. The blood work was negative.

I am confused too.... I guess the culture was a very dtrong positive to my Doctor. The results were positive after 2 days and it normally takes around 7 to detect. My bloodwork has no antivodies, so thats why they said initial outbreak. My husband hasnt been tested. He claims he has not had an extra marital affair, and also claims he never had symptoms. I have neber cheated. So I am wondering if he is lying to me or if this is truly a possibility.

Okay..

Sorry for the confusion. I had a sore when I went to the doctor, she scraped it and sent it to the lab. The lab normally takes a week to run the culture test, but it only took 2 days. My doctor stated this is likely a new infection because the blood work I had done was a negative for antibodies, but the culture was a strong positive. I asked her if she had heard of anyone, my husband or myself carrying the virus for 20 years without knowing. She said she has heard of the virus being latent for years but doesnt think I carried it that long because I had an initial outbreak. So, my husband says he did not cheat on me. I want to believe him, but I wanted to know if anyone else has had this happen to them.

The initail outbreak was three weeks ago.... I am still miserable.

¡Ah, ahora lo entiendo! Bueno, eso significa que es una infección completamente nueva para ti. No está relacionado con la velocidad o la "fuerza" de tus resultados de cultivo viral, y se debe simplemente al hecho de que tu lesión fue positiva mientras que tu IgG aún era negativa. Tu esposo podría haberlo tenido todo este tiempo y no habértelo transmitido hasta ahora (aunque generalmente el herpes se vuelve menos activo con el tiempo...), pero también podría ser una infección nueva o reciente en él. Debería hacerse la prueba de IgG.

Hola, acabo de leer esto y no estoy segura, pero siento que esto me está pasando.

Voy al médico hoy y estoy muy confundida, pero tengo ampollas y llevo 25 años casada con la misma pareja, pero estoy pasando por la menopausia y muy seca también. El sexo es doloroso, pero en fin, hace unos días me salieron unas ampollas. Voy al médico hoy para ver qué diablos está pasando. Nunca he tenido herpes ni mi esposo, pero algo está mal. Gracias por compartir tu historia.

Hola, estoy pasando por lo mismo ahora mismo. Llevo 20 años con mi esposo y nunca he sido infiel. Él lo fue hace unos 4 años, pero ninguno de los dos ha tenido nunca signos de una infección por herpes. Bueno, hace unos 10 días me salió una infección masiva. Todavía está muy dolorida: muchas ampollas pequeñas por todas partes, dentro y fuera. Envié a mi esposo al médico de su familia para que lo revisaran y todo lo que hizo el médico fue buscar las llagas en él, no encontró ninguna y se negó a hacerle el análisis de sangre. Estoy tan enojada y devastada al mismo tiempo. Realmente quiero que le hagan el análisis de sangre para saber si esto es algo nuevo o si podría haber estado latente en mí durante 22 años

Tú eres quien necesita el análisis de sangre. Si tu prueba de hisopo es positiva y tu anticuerpo IgG (no IgM) sigue negativo, entonces tienes una infección confirmada que es nueva en ti. La IgG comenzará a volverse positiva después de un mes, por lo que necesitas hacer la prueba lo antes posible. Incluso si es nueva, eso no necesariamente significa que alguien haya hecho trampa, ya que las personas pueden ser portadoras a largo plazo y no pasarlo durante años.

Acabo de enterarme de que el Herpes 2 puede estar dormido durante años. Después de 30 años de un matrimonio monógamo cercano, estoy teniendo mi primer brote (¡y muy grave!). Ni mi marido ni yo hemos sido infieles y estoy segura. Mi médico dijo que podría haber sido desencadenado por el sexo seco (sucede a medida que envejecemos) y que estaba agotada después de 2 rondas de antibióticos por infecciones. Estoy en estado de shock y soy la prueba viviente de que muchas personas están en relaciones a largo plazo y no saben que tienen herpes. ¿Has tenido más brotes? Espero poder mantenerme saludable ahora, ya que esto me ha dejado muy afectada.