38 Tage auf Fluoxetin 20mg

I had seven hours yesterday afternoon till 11:00 at night of feeling like myself again. I didn’t want to go to bed. I woke up this morning at 6:00 am with horrible panic and anxiety. Will the good feelings come back again, feeling so discouraged this morning.

1 „Gefällt mir“

Yes they will.  That's how recovery worked with me too.  38 days is quite early still, but whenever it starts you'll find those moments or hours of clarity will come and go.  I had this throughout recovery for 6 months with every afternoon / evening feeling great, but every morning was dreadful.  The mornings finally stopped and I began waking feeling great.

Just let those feelings come and go and expect to feel rubbish in the mornings still.  Seems like you're starting to recover well.

K x

That’s the bad thing about good times. When the bad hits again it’s so disappointing. I had several good hours last night, and all I want to do this am is stay in the bed. I am looking forward to the good hours being permanent. 

Katecogs, tomorrow is the end of week 11 at 20 mg and 6 months on Flu. 

Did the anxiety and depression make you feel sick as if you had the flu?

I might be able to take the depression and anxiety, but I just feel bad except at night when I feel normal. 

1 „Gefällt mir“

Belive me you will get better 6 weeks u can tell but wait till 8 weeks thats how it worked for me

1 „Gefällt mir“

Is this when it kicked in for you. I am in week 5 and feeling discouraged

Dont be it kicked in for me in 7 weeks

Are you still on Fluoxetine? Thanks for your help

Hi Nancy

No the anxiety / depression never made me feel like I had flu, though I have ready many people do report this, so think it affects some and not others.  

When I was recovering I used to feel normal at night too, and every morning I felt dreadful.  Eventually I started feeling normal more throughout the day and then began waking up feeling normal too.  Its a very slow gradual process.

K x

You are right Kate. Yesterday I felt better. Was able to accomplish a lot. This morning is horrible. I keep trying to hold on to the good moments but it’s hard Friday will be 6 weeks. I will stay on this dose, for 12 weeks. 

1 „Gefällt mir“

Yes on those good days you'll be able to do lots, and on those bad days you just feel you can't even get out of bed.  On the good days, don't push yourself and race about doing everything - your body is still healing so treat it kindly.  Often we push too much and then those bad days quickly follow - its just your body telling you it needs a rest.

It can take 6-9 months to recover for some people - for some its quicker and for others longer.  Let the meds work for your individual body.

K x

Feeling exhausted and don’t want to move off the couch. Anxiety very manageable today. Does the tiredness come at 6 weeks usually I feel too energized. 44 days in.

Yesterday I worked at my church plant sale. I had some bad stomachache and head fuzziness this morning. I did’nt realize it took 4 to 5 weeks for Fluoxetine to reach steady blood levels. Still have a ways to go. Thanks for being here. Just amazed to feel tired>

1 „Gefällt mir“

Hi Lynn

Some days get you like that - you persevere on the meds, coping with bad and ok days, and then you get a day when it all just seems too much or you're too exhausted and you don't want to do anything.  That's fine - have a couch / duvet day and take time out for yourself.

Glad the anxiety was more manageable yesterday.  The tiredness can come and go, just as it would it you were feeling normal (without anxiety).  When suffering with anxiety we feel everything 10x more, so normal tiredness would feel like exhaustion.

Also because you're constantly inwardly thinking, thoughts focused on yourself and how you feel most of the time, it will deplete your energy levels.  This is also why we feel depersonalised, have a fuzzy head and can't concentrate.

As you recover more you're thoughts will turn more from yourself and onto other things instead and you'll feel lighter.

Its a slow process and recovery signs so slight they're often overlooked.  It can take many, many months to recover on these meds ....... though of course it becomes more manageable as you progress.

Take each day calmly - relax as you move around, don't rush about (imagine you're floating through whatever you're doing).  Your body will appreciate it more than if you're rushing / fighting / battling.

K xx

1 „Gefällt mir“

Kate, I am more than a little let down. Today is the end of week 12 on 20 mg and week 24 on Flu. I thought week 12 would be different. I still have no motivation, tired , depressed and shaky. Have your known Flu to take longer?  

1 „Gefällt mir“

Hi Nancy

Absolutely - it could be 9 months before you feel completely well, and at 12 weeks you may only be showing tiny improvements.  Many people don't recognise improvement because it's often so slight, so easily overlooked.  You won't start feeling happy and relieved but instead you may feel onlyslightly rested, but still be plagued with anxiety, thoughts etc.  Symptoms often ease bit by bit, one at a time.

Having those few hours feeling good is a sign the meds are working and you will feel bad again.  It's how the meds work.   Those good hours will happen again and so will those bad times.  Your reaction towards the bad matters - when they happen try not to over analyse it and just accept its part of recovery.

Those good hours mean recovery is happening.  Those are the small signs I mentioned that people overlook, because once those bad times come back they're mistaken for slipping backwards.  Instead think of them as a necessary part of recovery - they will happen.  It just means you're moving forwards.

Let it take as long as it needs and don't base your recovery on anyone else's.  Your body is unique.  Just patience and perseverance.

K x

Nancy how did your doctors appointment go. I hope all is well.

1 „Gefällt mir“

Kate, thanks for taking your times to respond. It’s amazing how a little encouragement  can help so much. 

1 „Gefällt mir“

Lynn, I don’t have any results yet, but really don’t think I have an UTI. I don’t have any of the symptoms. 

How did your day go?  Hope it was a good one. 

1 „Gefällt mir“

Having a panic attack but it’s settling down. Have you ever had one?

1 „Gefällt mir“