absolutely devatsted, embarassed ashamed

so to cut a long story short, I've given my boyfriend GH, from a infection I didnt know I had. Mine is oral.

I am absolutely gutted, feel disgusting and dirty and extremely guilty because he's so ill with it.

He's had the bumps for about 10 days now, but due to misdiagnosis he only started meds yesterday (400 acyclovir 3x day).

He's in agony - he's getting very minor relief from savlon but nothing else seems to be working. He's taking strong ibuprofen for pain.

How long do you think it's likely to be before he starts feeling better?

He's not blaming me at all, but I'm blaming myself, I feel terrible.

don't be ashamed 1 in 5 people have the virus some don't even know they carry the virus. You are not dirty are disgusting 35000 people were diagnosed last year in the UK and they were just the ones that went to the doctor, there are people walking around carrying the virus and don't even know. Don't be so hard on yourself he will get over it And you can get advice together. I'm going through a bad outbreak myself just now. I have had it 30 years no idea how I caught it as my husband never showed any symptoms. My new partner who I have been with for 8 years has been amazing. He has not had an outbreak so is either asymptomatic or very lucky. just remember you're not on your own. 😊

thankyou x

Have him soak in Epsom salt baths daily. Alsobuse bactine to spray for numbing and place a heavy ckating of Vaseline over sores to provide protection. The rest, you just have to ride it out w your first OB. Don't feel bad, you didn't know any better sweetie.

Have him start taking L Lysine! It blocks the virus from being active! There’s also creams with it to soothe the discomfort. After the outbreak clears when he gets the tingling, pain and itching BEFORE the lesion shows up, start taking L Lysine. It will stop the outbreak and greatly shorten it if it occurs. He can also take it prophylacticly to prevent future outbreaks! The first outbreak is always the worst!! It’s over the counter in the supplement area of drug stores. Don’t use Hydrocortisone, it can make the outbreak worse. Make sure he washes his hands after applying anything or touching the area as it can spread to eyes and that is very miserable!! He will get better especially using L Lysine. (retired RN)