Tendinopatia de Aquiles: Causas, Sintomas e Tratamento

Achilodinia é uma condição que causa dor, inchaço e rigidez do tendão de Aquiles. Acredita-se que seja causada por lesões microscópicas repetidas (conhecidas como microtraumas) no tendão de Aquiles. Após cada lesão, o tendão não cicatriza completamente, como deveria acontecer normalmente. Isso significa que, ao longo do tempo, o dano ao tendão de Aquiles se acumula e a achilodinia pode se desenvolver.


Este é um tópico de discussão acompanhante para o artigo original em https://patient.info/foot-care/heel-and-foot-pain-plantar-fasciitis/achilles-tendinopathy

I have had a problem with my right Achilles tendon for several months, so today, I had an appointment with my GP, who covered all possible causes and remedies outlined in your article regarding tendonitis.

Mine was not as a result of an injury, but a gradual progress over approximately a year.

I believe the problem is caused by small and repetative injuries that did not heal.

My conclusion is that the source of the injury is my Lazeboy Chair, which I use daily, especially at night.

When the footrest is raised, my feet hang over the edge of the footrest applying pressure to the base of my calf muscles, effectively shortening my Achilles tendons.

I have considered this possibility for a while now and will try to extend the chair’s footrest to rest under my heels, thus have my feet pointing more towards the ceiling and lengthening the Achilles tendons.

Is this a logical and feasible conclusion to arrive at, or am I hoping to dream away my problem tendons while reclining in my comfy(maybe not so comfy) lounge chair at the end of each day?