I had botox for chronic fissure 3 wks ago. I turned up at A&E after not being able to stand the pain any longer. Thankfully they were excellent and took me in to theatre that afternoon for EUA and botox. I stayed in hospital 1 night. The spasms have lessened since in so much as I have them less frequent and they seem to be deep inside rather than the actual anal entry point. I was given diclofenac suppositries and wow they were a life saver. No other painkillers worked. Instagell applied 10 mins before for ease. Though they weren’t too bad to use as nothing compares to the fissure pain. I am now 3 wks out and thought the spasms have decreased the constant pain and the burning after a BM is still the same. I take laxido twice a day to help with BM. I have been off work since as I cannot sit for any period of time, though a heat pad is my saviour at the moment. I noticed (prior to botox) 2 red nodules by the area that is causing the pain. I am presuming these are skin tags? Though the consultant never mentioned them to me. These look red and sore. I don’t know if the pain is from them or the fissure now. Has anyone else had these?
My consultant does not do LIS as prefers flap surgery so I am wanting to do everything I can to not have that after reading horror stories on the recovery.