L'écoulement nasal chronique me rend fou

Hello all,

I have had a nasal drip since childhood (approaching 60 now).

Always had comments “stop sniffing”, “have you got sinus problems?” etc.

Put up with it, it is all year round, no allergies that I am aware of, no hay fever. Worse while eating, in the cold but pretty much all the time, indoors and outdoors, left is worse than the right side but both drip.

I work outdoors a couple days a week and my customers comment on my sniffing all year round.

Funny thing is I have not had a cold in 4 or 5 years.

I did first see a Dr about it a couple of years ago and was prescribed Mometasone Furoate nasal spray, I stuck with it but it seemed to irritate my nasal lining even more.

I waited several months to see a ENT Dr who very helpful. Saw him in August 2025. He prescribed me Clarithromycin 250 twice a day for 4 weeks and Feofenadine antihistamine 100 mg once a day and took a swab which was sent to microbiology.

Also a nasal irrigation (not allowed to post the word beginning with “d”) for 6 weeks. No improvement.

I never did hear anything after that. It is difficult to get a Dr appointment but managed to get an out of hours one a couple of weeks back, she was very understanding and told me there is now a 2 year wait for ENT. She chased the letter I had from last year.

Thanks to that I have been notified that I have a telephone appointment next week, I am worried about it as I find it difficult to communicate on the phone and really do not want to try anymore sprays or antibiotics. I do have 2 friends that also had this problem years ago and Cauterisation cured it.

Is Cauterisation still used these days to stop a nasal drip?

I wonder if I get nowhere with this telephone appointment, should I see how much Cauterisation costs privately?

That sounds like a frustrating condition and particularly since you’ve had symptoms for so long. I’ve no experience of it first hand but could this feature help you? https://patient.info/doctor/history-examination/nasal-discharge. Good luck and I hope you find a treatment that works for you.

Merci Daffodil pour le lien que j’ai lu.

Je ne sais pas si ce site s’adresse aux personnes du Royaume-Uni ou des États-Unis ?

J’ai du mal à obtenir un rendez-vous chez le médecin. Il n’y a tout simplement plus de créneaux disponibles.

L’année dernière, on m’a prescrit des antibiotiques et un irrigateur nasal, mais aucun des deux n’a aidé. On m’a dit que je devrais recevoir un appel ou une lettre avec les résultats du prélèvement nasal, mais je n’ai jamais eu de nouvelles. J’ai fini par obtenir un rendez-vous avec un médecin, qui a dit qu’elle pousserait le laboratoire à me recontacter. On m’a donné un rendez-vous téléphonique : j’étais prêt, avec toutes mes informations, et je n’ai jamais reçu l’appel. Il s’est avéré que le médecin avait masqué son numéro, donc mon téléphone n’a même pas sonné. Je n’aurais pas su qu’ils masquaient leur numéro, sinon j’aurais désactivé cette fonction sur mon mobile pour pouvoir recevoir l’appel.

Je suis probablement sur liste noire maintenant, lol.

J’ai un autre rendez-vous téléphonique dans quelques semaines. Je ne suis pas sûr que ça serve à grand-chose. J’ai essayé des sprays nasaux, des antibiotiques, des irrigations, etc. J’aimerais vraiment qu’on cautérise mes vaisseaux, car j’ai rencontré deux personnes qui ont eu cette intervention et ça a fonctionné.