Gotejamento nasal crônico me deixa louco

Hello all,

I have had a nasal drip since childhood (approaching 60 now).

Always had comments “stop sniffing”, “have you got sinus problems?” etc.

Put up with it, it is all year round, no allergies that I am aware of, no hay fever. Worse while eating, in the cold but pretty much all the time, indoors and outdoors, left is worse than the right side but both drip.

I work outdoors a couple days a week and my customers comment on my sniffing all year round.

Funny thing is I have not had a cold in 4 or 5 years.

I did first see a Dr about it a couple of years ago and was prescribed Mometasone Furoate nasal spray, I stuck with it but it seemed to irritate my nasal lining even more.

I waited several months to see a ENT Dr who very helpful. Saw him in August 2025. He prescribed me Clarithromycin 250 twice a day for 4 weeks and Feofenadine antihistamine 100 mg once a day and took a swab which was sent to microbiology.

Also a nasal irrigation (not allowed to post the word beginning with “d”) for 6 weeks. No improvement.

I never did hear anything after that. It is difficult to get a Dr appointment but managed to get an out of hours one a couple of weeks back, she was very understanding and told me there is now a 2 year wait for ENT. She chased the letter I had from last year.

Thanks to that I have been notified that I have a telephone appointment next week, I am worried about it as I find it difficult to communicate on the phone and really do not want to try anymore sprays or antibiotics. I do have 2 friends that also had this problem years ago and Cauterisation cured it.

Is Cauterisation still used these days to stop a nasal drip?

I wonder if I get nowhere with this telephone appointment, should I see how much Cauterisation costs privately?

That sounds like a frustrating condition and particularly since you’ve had symptoms for so long. I’ve no experience of it first hand but could this feature help you? https://patient.info/doctor/history-examination/nasal-discharge. Good luck and I hope you find a treatment that works for you.

Obrigado, Daffodil, pelo link que li.

Não tenho certeza se este site é para pessoas no Reino Unido ou nos EUA.

Estou tendo dificuldade em conseguir uma consulta com um médico. Não há vagas disponíveis.

No ano passado, receitei antibióticos e um irrigador nasal, mas nada ajudou. Fui informado de que receberia uma ligação ou carta com os resultados da swab nasal, mas nunca tive retorno. Acabei conseguindo uma consulta com uma médica, que disse que pressionaria o laboratório para que entrassem em contato. Fui agendado para uma consulta telefônica; eu estava pronto, com todos os meus dados à mão, mas a ligação nunca veio. Descobri depois que o médico havia ocultado o número dele, então meu celular nem tocou. Eu não sabia que eles ocultavam o número, caso contrário, eu teria desativado essa função no meu celular para receber a chamada.

Provavelmente estou na lista negra agora, rs.

Tenho outra consulta telefônica agendada para daqui a algumas semanas. Não sei se vai adiantar muito. Já tentei sprays nasais, antibióticos, irrigação etc. Gostaria muito de fazer a cauterização, pois conheci algumas pessoas que fizeram o procedimento e funcionou para elas.