Kalt am Tag, aber zu heiß in der Nacht

hi i am 39 female with cfs. I am always cold during the day, people laugh at me am so cold. My feet are usually the worst and I need to wear 2 pairs of socks at times. Yet at night, am roasting, I have to open both windows, and the radiator is switched off. I am wondering if others suffer like this? 

Thanks, tried ginkgo biloba but made no difference.

Ich weiß nur, dass ich ernsthafte Probleme mit der Temperaturempfindlichkeit aufgrund von CFS hatte.

Ich habe ebenfalls Temperatur-Empfindlichkeit. Ich habe das immer auf die Wechseljahre geschoben.. (die anscheinend nie enden). Ich halte es nachts sehr kühl und mache es tagsüber wärmer. Ich schlafe viel besser, wenn es kalt ist, aber es muss wärmer sein, wenn ich wach bin.

Ich vertrage auch keine Hitze, ich lebe im Sommer in Klimaanlage.

Hi there,

I've had M.E. a very long time and very very cold feet!

They get so cold they can feel sore with the cold, so even in summer I have to wear a wool pair of socks and a cotton pair of socks.  Now I usually wear sheet skin boots as well! 

You could get your female hormone levels checked though unlikely it is a menopause thing.  Having said that, I have an early peri-menopause thing going on and am way too young for it!

Have these symptoms always been the same since the start of you feeling unwell?

Hope you've had a good day!

Thanks Hazel, I can't remember how long I have felt like this, but I would say at least 12 months, so it could well be my hormones, 

it can be snowing, gale force winds and I still need the windows open at night, xx

Going on my experience of menopause symptoms I was blown away with the severity they can be and all down to a couple of hormones blew me away, so I can easily see opening the windows in the worst winter weather would help!

The heat in my body was unreal!

Hope you get it all sorted out swiftly!

I have a similar issue, but also have problems with my thyroid. I am very cold in the morning, then sweating near bedtime. What helps (somewhat) is, I turn a space heater (low wattage) on in the morning and close door to heat up room and then dress warmly. Then, at night, I turn on fans and air conditioning so I can sleep. Low dose estrogen and prometrium help a little too. For me, the estrogen lowers my body temperature and stops the sweating, but it can increase the heart rate which can be a problem. The prometrium (progesterone) seems to increase body temperature and sweating for me. However, progesterone also can produce drowsiness. Maybe talk to your doctor about taking a low dose of both at night. I hope this helps. Good luck to you. Because I take HRT, I also take garlic, fish oil, gingko biloba, ginger, and tumeric to prevent any negative side effects from the HRT, such as a blood clot.