I have been taking Klonopin for about a year (1mg up to 3x a day). It’s to help manage Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Social Anxiety, and anxiety from work related matters.
However my situation has changed. Work has slowed down and I do not have as many immediate deadlines and pressures, so less panic attacks; however I still feel generalized anxiety at the workplace from how my boss treats me and have difficulty socializing with coworkers.
Im not having panic attacks due to deadlines, but I still feel a general uneasiness at work. I’m able to make it through the day, but it’s not always easy.
With this in mind, I am considering changing my medication regiment. Furthermore, with being on up to 1 mg 3x a day, I would like to reduce my dependency on Benzos.
With that in mind, would a switch to Valium make sense? I’ve read that Valium can have a longer effect than Klonopin but not necessarily as intense.
But I’ve never taken it before so I don’t know how it would affect me. How should I approach this topic with my Doctor? And if the Valium is ineffective or I begin having panic attacks again, would it be appropriate to request the hypothetical Valium script be stopped and a return to the Klonopin regimen. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.