Ich hatte am 19. Januar eine Operation am Karpaltunnelsyndrom an meiner linken Hand, die Fäden sind immer noch drin und heute bin ich die Treppe runtergefallen und bin auf meiner linken Hand gelandet, was höllisch weh tat und ich möchte wissen, ob ich mir dadurch Schaden zugefügt habe. Außerdem habe ich Schmerzen auf der linken Seite meiner Hand und in meinem Ellbogen und möchte wissen, was ich dagegen tun soll.
Hi. I guess the chance of damage is as much as in any fall. About 7 days after having my 2nd hand done one of my children had a serious accident I instinctively ran and picked them up ... hes 11 so heavy and saw to his injuries...only afterwards did I think about my arm....my arm ached for a few days through the palm and up my forearm, but it didnt do it any harm....I guess you must be due to have yr stitches out so tell them what happened.....or go to yr gp or if I was worried Id go to local minor injuries unit. Hope it heals well regardless. X
vielen Dank, Emma, das hat mir geholfen, meine Sorgen zu beruhigen. Ich soll am 2. meine Fäden ziehen lassen, also werde ich ihnen erzählen, was passiert ist, und sehen, was sie sagen. Der Schmerz ist etwas, mit dem ich umgehen kann, da ich regelmäßig darunter leide, weil ich Fibromyalgie habe.
nochmals vielen Dank, Emma, und ich hoffe, es hilft auch dir x
Wie geht es deiner Hand? Eine Woche nach der Operation bin ich joggen gegangen und bin gestolpert und auf dem Bürgersteig gestürzt und habe meine operierte Hand ausgestreckt, damit ich darauf aufschlagen konnte. Es blutete und tat so weh. Aber das ist jetzt ein Jahr her und alles ist gut.
CALL YOUR SURGEON IN THE MORNING!!!
Sie sollte ihre Fäden am 2. entfernen lassen.
Yeah, sorry. I realized her post was a week old after I submitted my reply. Can you delete replies after their posted?
Hi Elizabeth,
I too had CT surgery on 6th Feb and stitches out 2 days ago right dominant hand - however, I fell going up the stairs onto my right wrist the day after surgery. It hurt a lot of course but decided after seeing my GP dud to wrist pain, to have X-ray on 15th Feb. No fracture shown but given a splint - hooray back to splint again??!
It does ease pain but probably because I'm not moving it as much? My scar is good and I can touch all finger tips well with no numbness as I've exercised them since day one to help. I'm not sure now where the sometimes severe wrist pain - inside and out is coming from when I try to bend, pinch fingers to pick something up or grip something .. Still wonder if it's from the CT op as to be expected, or from the fall?
It seems like most have the op and then they give you very little info re what to expect if do afterwards???
I also have Fibromyalgia and wonder if this is causing worse pain? It's early days I suppose and we both have no choice than to stick with it and hope for the best?
Good luck!
How are you doing? I fell onto my hand one day after getting my stitches out (2 weeks after the surgery). Prior to falling, I was about 90% recovered, i thought. Now I feel more like 50% recovered and am quite discouraged. I really fell hard, though. so I am hoping that my fall is the cause of my stiffness and will be improving soon.
I had my right hand done back in March did great. I’m right handed as well. October 2nd i had my left hand done. October 14th I got stitches out and in the 15th fell on my hand in my kitchen. I seen a Doctor in the office but not my Doctor because he was out I go tomorrow to see my Doctor that did my surgery. Hopefully all is well. They did do x-rays and not broken but it hurts so bad. I keep getting sharp pain shooting towards my incision.
You will want to check with your doctor and make sure things are fine as they say you can do damage to the tissue that is still healing inside. I myself had surgery on the 22nd of January on dominant hand and fell the other day and was worried myself, but everything is fine.