Concerned I have HSV 1/2. I like in the UK so Western Blot and tests with index numbers aren’t easily available.
Bought an HSV 2 rapid test off of Amazon; checks for IgM and IgG. Negative.
Bought another one to double check, from a different manufacturer, which checks for HSV 1 and 2. Came up positive for both HSV 1 and 2 IgG.
Had to triple check so bought another 2 of the above; they both came up positive for HSV 1 and 2 IgG.
To satisfy my curiosity I bought 2 more, from different manufacturers. One for HSV2 only and one for HSV1 and 2. The HSV 2 one has came up as negative for IgM and IgG and the HSV 1 & 2 one has came up as positive for HSV 1 & 2 IgG.
Now I’m might confused and will probably need to try and find a clinic that can do a better test at high cost as doctors in the UK will not test if you are asymptomatic.
Curious to hear if anyone else has had experience with the ‘rapid tests’ and how they got on?