In 2020 I had a right hip resurfacing at HSS, which was necessary due to “wear and tear” and the loss of cartilage. Prior to the surgery I had significant pain in the right hip flexor, primarily when siting down or standing in one place, this pain was eliminated by the surgery for about 2-3 years. From 2020 to 2023, I was in relatively good shape and when I had pain in right hip flexor, I was able to correct it through physical therapy. At the end of 2023/ beginning of 2024 I was no longer able to correct the pain through PT and began seeing healthcare professionals for help. In 2025, I began to experience the same pain in the left hip too. Today, I have bilateral pain in the hip flexor area and as the pain worseness throughout the day, it expands around the side of the hip into the indentation of the glute muscle. The pain starts off at a 3 when I wake up and is at an 8-9 by the time it gets to 3-5pm at night. Generally everyday after 5pm , I have to lay down, in pain for the rest of the day. I’ve been to numerous hip specialists, spine surgeons, physical therapists, chiropractors, physiatrists and pain management doctors. My imaging (MRI/ Bone spec/ xray/ ultrasound) has ruled out any structural problems, referred pain from the back, any impingent, degradation of the hardware and chromium/ cobalt blood level issues. I’ve had cortisone shots, hyaluronic shots, nerve blocks and a RFA (radio frequency ablation) on the right hip. None of these healthcare providers or procedures were of any help.
Does anyone have a similar problem they’ve been able to correct?