Je suis né avec la maladie hémolytique du rhésus avant le début des transfusions sanguines ; c'était en 1943.

I was born with rhesus haemolytic disease before blood tranfusions began; this was in 1943. A brother born before me died at seven months and a brother born after me died under the transfusion. I am wondering if others born with this disease have had a life which seems to have experienced a lot of illness. I was on this forum a few years ago but now with a new desk top would like to join the discussion again. My two sons, both born late had jaundice despite me being rhesus positive (group B). They said it was infant jaundice but I have always wondered if me being born with severe jaundice could have had some bearing on it. There doesn’t seem to be a great deal of information about this.
I have suffered with depression a great deal as well as having breast cancer. I had to have a hysterectomy and my gall bladder removed and as four sisters (all older than me) never had to have a single operation I just wonder if the rhesus factor had anything to do with this.

Je suis né d’une mère rhésus négatif. Deuxième enfant. Les médecins ne savaient pas qu’elle était rhésus négatif jusqu’à deux semaines avant mon terme. Ils étaient donc heureusement prêts à me faire une transfusion sanguine totale car j’étais jaunâtre et « malade » à la naissance. Je n’ai pas été un enfant particulièrement fragile en grandissant, à part de vrais problèmes dentaires et de l’anxiété. Cependant, une fois devenu adulte, j’ai souffert de problèmes rénaux, d’une faible immunité, d’anxiété et de fatigue. Je me suis toujours demandé si cela était dû à mon début de vie.

Je suis né en 1959, mon frère ou sœur cadet, né 8 ans plus tard, allait bien car ma mère avait reçu l’injection qui éviterait les problèmes lors de l’accouchement des bébés suivants.