L have a weird sensation of pressure in my front upper teeth

I have been feeling a weird sensation in my teeth since last September, at first it was like pressure,while eating,I felt that they were misplaced and extremely tight. Every time l brushed them l would feel that l moved them or that they would fall  or something,(though they were solid) and then l'd feel the tightness, as if i had residual food in there. 

Lately i ve felt that they are  swollen or stiff (like they were made of wood kinda) and they even hurt a little,as if they were impacted,  it is almost unnoticeable and i must clarify that l haven't suffered any dental injury,

I think my gums are healthy, l do not bleed, my breath doesn't smell bad, l do not suffer from bruxism, extreme temperatures do not bother me.

It is not a big thing but has become and obsession, lm afraid they might drop out from one minute to another and that has made the sensation even harder, l think.

l don't wanna be crybabish and run to the dentist due to this, if the symptoms were harder l would, but it is sort of mild, 

is the future consequences what worry me. Anybody else has gone through this? Right now i have fear of hard things such as apples and nuts and the like because l do feel some annoyance, though l don't know what percentage is psychological and what is real nuisance, even when l smile l feel that they get tight or move...

Here some pics

It maybe a case of you clenching your mouth in your sleep and your lower teeth, (your lower jaw, teeth) are pressing hard up behind your upper front teeth.

 This clencing of your teeth is probably happening in your sleep. OR it is due to something your eating, more to the point 'how your eating it'.. putting pressure on the teeth and gums, which can make them feel pressured, or tight.  

 

You could try seeing a dentist and asking for them to make you a mouth guard to wear at night. It may or may not help depending on what the cause is but I have similar problems with many of my teeth and I think it helps a bit.

Yes I think it would help having a mouth guard.  I think a few folk experience this.  We do load our teeth with 'pressures' from eating and clenching and it can sometimes bruise the gum, or the gum holds the a residual pressure, a kin to our muscles getting quite hard if we over exercise sometimes, the fibers are taunt or sometimes they become inflammed and swollen.  

Obviously no pain in the gum always, and in Floriann's case no pain, so a case of just compounded pressure in the gum from chewing and clenching teeth, sometimes when relaxed it feels like the teeth are swimming or moving in your gum.  Strange sensation but quite common..

Yes I've had this too for over a year now. I do have bruxism though but wasn't aware of it until the dentist told me. I use a night guard but sometimes wonder if this doesn't make things even worse because I find myself chewing it instead?

During the day I have a feeling of pressure on my mouth and nostrils as if they are crowding in. I also get burning sensation in my gums and lips often and a nasty taste most of the time for five years now which so far no one can account for.

I do have hypothyroidism, RA and small fibre neuropathy but the mouth problems affect me most of all these days. I don't know if any of this relates to my diagnosed conditions or is just coincidental but my sense is that neuropathic pain causes the bruxism which in turn causes the tight sensation in my teeth. Hope this helps.

Hello, Curious if you have had any relief or any answers at all since this started bothering you?  I'm going through similar sensations and it's awful.

I have continued with this symptom but have learned that I have primary Sjogrens Syndrome from having a lip biopsy. I asked the oral consultant and she thought it was neurological. I haven't started a new treatment regime yet because I'm being investigated for lymphoma and/or central nervous system involvement as part of my Sjogrens. My mouth is largely unaffected by the Sjogrens which is very unusual. I put this down to being a nose breather and clenching rather than breathing through my mouth when asleep. So I'm minded to think that the bruxism and mouth guard have saved my teeth and gums from the ravages of being a mouth breather! 

That is so bizarre!! I, too, have Primary sjogren's and Google Drive pressure in front teeth, because I'm having this symptom currently, and found this thread. Perhaps it's Sjogren's related.

*and googled

Hello. This happened to me about  a year ago and I must say that fortunately the nuisance is gone! Completely and totally.

I began to feel better as soon as I started flossing (which was something I was not related to) my teeth felt lighter and less numb during the first couple of weeks, by the end of last year  I  was  almost recovered and far from any discomfort. To this day I barely remember what that nasty sensation felt like. I recommend you to floss (if you haven't) but I also recommend you not to get to obssessed with the problem, I know it is hard but, as far as I could see it is not that serious, I am sure it was some residual plaque or something kinda simple,however the fear of unknown is the worst in this regard and the paranoia makes it something terrible, I got over it and I wish  you do too. I hope this helps you. Greetings.   

That sounds heavy I hope your mouth gets fine very soon, sorry to hear it hasn't.

In my case I could totally discern that it was 70% psychological 30% physical, I am kinda obsessive, nervous and anxious-type, so the smallest unidentified discomfort drives me crazy and can ruin my life enterelly, so I am sure that  this aspect played a big part in my symptoms...

Thank you for your kind reply and my best wishes for ya!

Glad it's gone away for you Floriann but for some of us with Sjogrens Disease it is an ongoing issue not to be eradicated simply by flossing - which I do routinely anyway. And as you know for yourself it's a fairly unpleasant sensation that may be part of a systemic disease so it is good to have the opportunity to have shared about it. Thanks. 

I am not really familiar with Sjogrens Disease, but I am sure it has to be harder under these circumstances.

However, the flossing recommendation was for Leigh who asked me if I had some news, hoping his symptoms might be similar to the ones I have. 

Cheers and I hope this threat doesn't die and if anyone finds my experience helpful, I will be pleased to reply. 

*had and *thread (stupid autocorrector ha)

This has been happening to me also. I have bruxism also. It makes it worse with stress. It's constant and I wish it would just stop. I feel like they're loose all the time and they're not. Lol love had cleaning and they don't go anywhere when the dental hygentist cleans and I'm good for a few days then right back to the stressful feeling. If looked everywhere for what is causes this. Clenching my teeth is one , I feel like maybe there is nerve damage that makes them feel weird all day. Ugh. I also noticed I hold all my stress in my jaw. Looking for ideas on how to stop that. I'm glad I'm not alone but really want this to stop.

I have just started with the same symptoms teeth feeling too tight lips numb and pressure as I push on my teeth, it's weird as it's not tooth ache i can brush them and eat causiosly it's just my upper teeth the 4 across the front do I see the dentist or the doctor.

I have had the same tight feeling in my teeth for over a year now.

It's terrible!  I have noticed my teeth are much closer together now.  And feel that at age 63 my teeth are moving and pushing together.

It's difficult to floss between some teeth, a problem I haven't had before.

My dentist has referred me to an orthodontist.

i had the same thing. I have no nerves in my front 2 teeth thank God cos I would've killed myself by now. I had to call 999 after gp said if dental pain got worse. The pain will be bad if you have an absess or an infection. Unbearable. I was admitted to hospital and the dentist had to inject my 2 front teeth. I was on morphine and codeine.soooooooooooooo much better now

I also have that tight feeling, but it also feels as if the plague builds up around the teeth within hours. Been to 4 different dentist including school of dentistry where basically I was just dismissed. I do not clench my teeth at night, healthy gums and teeth, I don't have anything obvious just that horrible feeling. Had it for 6 mths now and just dont know what to do. Wish I could figure it out

Xanax for stress! 5also have a right feeling in my front top teeth, they are crowns, the gum tissue is getting tore up, and it feels like the rest of my mouth is getting sucked in between the teeth! Literally! The feel so tight they hurt like hell!