Some of you may already know that I suffer with hemiplegic migraine, recently I feel like I have been having the after effect of an attack, as if I have had a hemiplegic attack in my sleep/not known about it. I feel spaced out, not with it, and feel delayed with my reactions and conversations when talking to people, like I've had an attack? I was wondering has anyone ever heard of a silent migraine attack and if this has happened to them? I am seeing neurologist in July, I am hoping that they will be able to help.
Thank you, andytee. Have you experienced any of these delayed reactions with CFS? If so what have you experienced? It would be interesting to see how someone else manages/suffers.
I'm all cured as of 5-ish years ago. I pop on forums every now and then to try to help others.
My symptoms were severe brain fog, malaise, cracking joints, muscle soreness, lethargy, with a subsequent social anxiety and depression. The anxiety and depression kicked in after a few months of having CFS even though I was just trying to push through and get on with life. These emotional anomalies then trapped me into the illness and I developed all sorts of bad emotional coping technqiues, learned helplessness and isolation, which multiplied the severity of the CFS even further and wiped out my esteem and intelligent direction.
I did find that symptoms are largely a trap that keep you stuck. No amount of treatment I did on the actual symptoms ever worked. Sure, symptoms are real and they hurt and inhibit, I'm not saying we can just forget them. But they're downstream from the brain and immune system. After reprogramming my reactions to every part of my experience I began restoring hope and self-esteem. The causation of increased energy through slowly pacing activity instilled purpose and hope I hadn't had in 7 years and my symptoms cleared on their own as I improved my discipline.
Fui diagnosticado com Enxaquecas Hemiplegicas há cerca de um ano agora, tive apenas 2 grandes ataques, mas desde então me sinto tão sozinho e muito inseguro para ir a qualquer lugar sozinho, caso eu tenha um ataque. É reconfortante encontrar outras pessoas que compartilham sua dor, isso faz você se sentir menos sozinho. Já experimentei algo semelhante ao que você chama de "enxaquecas silenciosas", só que também sinto uma sensação de formigamento na língua e às vezes em um lado do corpo, é muito desconfortável e me deixa com medo de que seja um sinal de que outro ataque vai acontecer em breve, mas felizmente nunca tive um ataque e "enxaqueca silenciosa" em um curto período de tempo um do outro. Pensei que talvez a enxaqueca silenciosa em si possa ser psicológica, porque é o que os médicos às vezes me dizem, mas não parece ser "tudo na minha cabeça". Vejo que este é um post antigo, como foi sua consulta com o neurologista?
I understand exactly how you feel, I frequently have 'silent migraines' and have tingling of the tongue. Recently I have experienced anxiousness when alone, or facing something what makes me nervous for example my university interview. I worry that I am going to have an attack. I do beleive that sometimes me worrying makes me believe my symptoms are worse than what they are, therefore I have been trying some breathing exercises to calm my nerves and foucs my mind somwhere else, I take a deep breathe in for 3 seconds, then breathe out for 9 seconds and I feel that this sometimes calms me down and makes me less anxious when out on my own.
I mentioned to the neurologist about my 'silent migraine' symptoms and he agreed that it is possible that I am having small attacks which I am unaware of, but they give me small symptoms such as tingling sensation of the tongue or feeling spaced out. I have started new medication in a hope to prevent every day migraines, having any more attacks and stopping these 'silent migraine' symptoms. I am on 10mg amitriptline for 2 weeks then upping the dosage to 20mg. He mentioned that I will not see any improvements for 8 weeks, maybe this is worth mentioning when you next visit your neurolgisit or doctor, as this medication may work for you.
I hope you manage to get everything sorted, stay positive!.. I know it can be scary, but there is a lot of people out there like you and myself, and hopefully between all of us we can help each other and find a potential cure!!
Ps..
I know 'patient' is like a blog, but I have been thinking about starting my own personal blog about hemiplegic migraine and the effects it has on me and my every day life. Let me know if this is something you would be interested in.
sorry I took so long getting back to you, I am glad you managed to find something what worked for you after so many years of having the condition. I have hypermobility, and recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia which both cause chronic fatigue, I see an occupational therapist who helps with pain management, fatigue and pacing. I am struggling with the pacing, i'm finding it hard to get my head around it all, if you have any tips/can share what a normal day was like for you with the pacing it will be much appreciated.
I have noticed recently that I have been getting very nervous/anxious when out or when i have to go anywhere new, I worry, and then have a persistent sickness feeling. On majority of occassions I feel like i cannot be bothered, it takes too much of my energy to get out and do things, therefore i can spend days at home just sleeping, or sitting in bed.
One of my main problems is sleep, i have no idea of what it would feel like if i woke up and felt refreshed, every morning i wake up i feel as though i havent slept all week, im exahusted before i've even done anything.
If you could share any tips in how you managed your chronic fatigue and the pacing side of things, I would appreciate it emensly. I feel im a bit stuck at the moment, I need a bit of help/guiadence in getting on the right track.
Hi andytee, What are you taking with regards to Foods Vitamins Minerals any Migraine medicines or food eliminations? Did you test for Chocolate Allergy skin test? Did you also react to any kind of household sprays or cologne/antiperspirant sprays?
Hey there! I have been having silent migraines for years; first one around 2015. It scare me so bad I went to the hospital sure that I was having a stroke. I was exercising doing inner thighs when my arm I was leaning on went numb then the numbness went down my leg and up my face then I began not being able to speak coherently. I could not name objects in the room ; I knew it was a chair- could say chair, etc.. hospital worthless- cat scan- no sign off stroke. Kept having them. Was in a lot of stress at that time, also in menopause and consistently dehydrated. Local doc, 2 neurologists and a visit to duke- finally diagnosed. I take immitrex 50mg and if taken when first get aura, it takes anura away within 15 min and doesn’t progress. One of the neuro gave me nottriptyline but I haven’t noticed much of a difference; it’s the Imitrex that saves me. Doc told me I can’t keep taking them as a preventative, which is what I’m doing, but hey if it works and gets rid of these stroke symptoms, I’m gonna keep doing it..
I really wish I could get rid of these once and for all, but that doesn’t seem to be the case and they can’t seem to narrow down. What’s triggering them. They tell me to watch my diet quit smoking and avoid stress. Easier said than done in my case. I used to have headache migraines. In my 20s but haven’t had one in well over 25 years until this started happening. I honestly don’t know what is causing them, but I wish they would put some more research into figuring them out. All I can say is get a bottle of Imitrex and you may be able to prevent them! Best of luck!
I really haven’t had much success with doctors, unfortunately other than to give me my prescriptions. But as expensive as healthcare and specialist are nowadays, I don’t know what this is all gonna turn into.
Desculpe por todos os erros de digitação na minha resposta original. Acredite ou não, sou parcialmente educado e consigo formar uma frase correta. Em minha defesa, tive outra enxaqueca antes de criar essa conta e digitar essa resposta. É realmente péssimo se sentir tão sozinho nisso; você conta para as pessoas e elas realmente não entendem como é. Não é divertido; é francamente assustador, especialmente se você vive sozinho e tem apoio limitado. Eu apenas rezo para nunca ter um derrame completo, mas parece que isso é uma possibilidade em alguns dias. Meus melhores votos a todos vocês.