Hi everyone,
I am new to this but I am needing some advice and guidance and reassurance if I can get it, as I cant seem to get it from any DRs. I am extremely, extremely worried about my symptoms and my health. I am convinced I have cancer.
My symptoms began about a year ago with a niggling pain under my left rib cage, hard to describe but a definite discomfort there, something stuck there almost. It often spread around my flank and to my left back and above my hip. I went to the GP. I was very worried I had pancreatic cancer, and this worry has continued and the symptoms have grown and grown since then. I have developed the following:
Discomfort under left rib cage
Constant nausea
Burping non stop
Metallic taste in mouth and bad breath
Feeling like being punched in the stomach after eating
Pain has started to spread across my abdomen and into top right abdomen under right breast
Mildly loose stools
Random pain across abdomen
Horrible pulling sensation in left side
Very tired
No appetite (i can go days without eating)
Lost 2 stone in weight
I also have suffered from night sweats for the last 4 years (back and forth a thousand times trying to get answers for this-) told they were anxiety.
Coccyx pain- again for about 4 years- had MRI on this showing nothing.
Scolloped tongue
I have had the following tests:
x2 abdominal ultrasounds
X1 abdominal and pelvic CT scan
x1 abdominal MRI
X1 endoscopy
x1 abdominal MRI and MRCP
x2 negative FIT tests
Faecal calprotectin test= 4
Endless bloods (iron levels are good), although Bulirubin levels were at 16 (my GP said 20 was considered high)
All these tests have come back normal- apart from the MRCP showing ‘tiny liver cyst’, which the consultant said was very normal and no cause for concern.
I am not with my 6th consultant (yes 6th!). She has said that 100% there is nothing wrong with my pancreas and that we have defiantly ruled out cancer after all these tests. She said MRCP was brilliant for evaluating the pancreas. She wants to me to do SIBO test as she feels this could be the cause of my problems.
The only tests I haven’t had is a colonoscopy, 4 consultants said to me with all the negative FIT tests the chances of anything bowel/colon cancer related were less than 1%, they are very accurate and colonoscopies are very invasive and in this instance unnecessary. Plus they are so expensive. But I feel like I may need to get one to try and settle my anxieties about bowel cancer.
All my family and friends tell me its in my head. To forget about it and move on.
I am in therapy with an amazing therapist trying to work through all this and my fear of having cancer. But I still feel there is something wrong.
This is ruining my life. Totally ruining my life. I don’t go out, cant eat, cant sleep. Major depression and anxiety all the time. My wonderful relationship is on the rocks over it. I have spent all the money on tests.
I am at a loss, it is just awful. Has anyone ever experienced something similar? When I try to reassure myself I just say its IBS and my anxiety is just making it worse and perpetuating the problem. But most of the time I am freaking out that I have cancer and that something is being missed. But I have had such comprehensive tests. I have never had any gut/bowel problems in my life, so this is truly worrying me.
I want my life back, my wonderful life, which since all this has fallen apart.