Seit 2 Jahren krank. Druck in Ohren und Kopf. Sehr erschöpft.

Looking for an opinion on my last 2 years of being ill. I'm 46 years old, male, and in a good state of fitness. I'm not over-weight, have never smoked, and rarely drink.

I've seen numerous doctors and don't seem to be any closer to a diagnosis. I started visiting my GP with what felt like a lingering flu. Early symptoms included being over tired, pressure in ears, and generally not feeling well. I'd been dealing with a very stressful business situation in the 12-18 months before the symptoms started and was advised that I was probably run-down. Each time I went to the doctor they would take a blood test. Over at least 6 tests they would always tell me something different, but it always seemed to be that I had some unknown virus. At times my blood cell count was too many white cells, or too many red cells. The frustration was they could never tell me what was wrong. I had stress tests for my heart, CT scan and MRI. All came back normal. During this period I would sometimes have 2-3 weeks where I felt normal and was able to work and exercise. These periods of good health never lasted. Fast forward to about 6 months ago. My [now new] doctor referred me to an endocrinologist as it was thought there may be a thyroid problem. My first test did indicate that I may be hypothyroid but they didn't want to give me any medication as they thought it wasn't required. I didn't get any better over the next few months with the same symptoms continuing - pressure in my head and ears, fatigued, unable to concentrate etc. At my next visit to the endocrinologist my thyroid function had worsened slightly and I was put on 50mg of euthyroxine. My blood pressure was also fluctuating a lot with periods where it was around 150/104. I was prescribed medication to try and bring this under control. Around 4 weeks ago I was on a trip away from home and started to feel really awful. I felt my head pressure was increasing and when I shut my eyes the only thing I could hear was my heart beating with a pulsing feeling my head. I had frequent hot flushes, dizzy spells, and never ending ear pressure. I was sleeping frequently for hours during the day, but struggling to get a good nights sleep, perhaps due to building anxiety about what was wrong with me. 

Now back home, I went back to the doctor and explained how bad I was feeling. The main symptoms now being extreme fatigue, constant pressure in my ears, and a very strange feeling at the top of my head. I felt on a few occasions that I was going to faint, especially in the morning. I had tried exercising [cycling] one morning, and had to abandon after only a short time. I had also started to feel aches and pains in my legs and back. I explained to the doctor that the main symptoms that were worrying me were the inability to work [tired and no concentration span], the pressure in my head and ears, and the strange pounding sensation from my heart. I was thinking at this time that these may all be connected to being hypothyroid. The doctor ordered a new thyroid function test which came back right in the middle of the normal range. That has scared me as I feel dreadful, and have been pretty much consigned to bed for the last week. When I do get up I feel dizzy. My eyesight has changed. Hard to explain but it's just not feeling normal. I also feel that driving has a different sensation and I don't feel entirely safe. I still have episodes of feeling like I will faint, but never do. My doctor had asked me to take Zoloft [as she felt I was over anxious]. I didn't want to take them but did, thinking it would do no harm. The morning after taking it I felt even worse, with the dizzy feelings increased. Even 2 days later I still feel the effects. 

I'm trying to find out what could cause my symptoms and came up with various reports on labyrinthitis. As this seems to be a viral problem that can cause the feeling of ear fullness it seems to be a possibility. It's all I've come up now that it doesn't look thyroid is the source of the problem. Right now, I'm in the worst health I've been in years. I can't work, exercise and need to sleep 4-5 hours during the day. I have constant ear pressure, pressure in my head, dizziness, lack of energy, and muscle pain. Can anyone suggest what this could be. It's been 2 years now and I just seem to get worse. Writing this from bed as I don't seem to have the energy to stand up. 

 

Hi Marcuscent, Alot of what you describe sounds alot like M.E. For various reasons, I am unable to post a link here, but will pm you to a site that has loads of helpful information. A Friend of mine is suffering from this illness for the past few Years. It is hard to diagnose, and could be a reason to why they have not picked it up yet. I hope you get better and let us know how you are getting on. AL

Thanks. Will check your pm

Hallo, dein Beitrag klingt mir sehr vertraut mit meiner Erfahrung, ich habe diese Seiten in den letzten 18 Monaten durchforstet und nie geantwortet, ich denke, es liegt daran, dass ich nach Antworten gesucht habe, also hier geht's...

Vor etwa 18 Monaten begann ich mit quite schweren Schwindelanfällen, Übelkeit und verstopften Ohren, die seitdem nicht mehr verschwunden sind, das am meisten behindernde Symptom von allen ist der Kopfnebel, er ist jetzt konstant, ich wache täglich auf und er ist da, sobald ich die Augen öffne und bleibt den ganzen Tag bis ich abends ins Bett gehe. Es hindert mich am Funktionieren, ich kämpfe mit der Arbeit, der Betreuung meiner Kinder, dem Führen eines Haushalts und der Selbstfürsorge, es hat mein Leben übernommen.

Bevor meine Symptome begannen, war ich fit und gesund, ich hätte nichts dagegen gehabt, meine Laufschuhe anzuziehen und zu laufen oder Rad zu fahren, um für einen Triathlon oder einen Halbmarathon zu trainieren, und jetzt kann ich kaum eine Meile laufen.

Ich bin ständig müde, kann mich nicht konzentrieren oder mich an Dinge erinnern und ich kann keine Kurzzeitgedächtnisinformationen abrufen. Mein ganzer Körper schmerzt und ich fühle mich allgemein unwohl.

Ich war bei vielen Ärzten und Gesundheitsdienstleistern, darunter Neurologen, Endokrinologen, HNO-Ärzte, Ernährungsberater und viele alternative Therapeuten, auf der Suche nach Antworten, wie sich meine Gesundheit so ändern konnte.

Ich habe auch unzählige Bluttests, MRI, EEG für alles Mögliche gemacht und alle Berichte kommen normal zurück, außer einmal niedrigem Cortisol, aber dies wurde wiederholt und fiel in den unteren Bereich des Normalbereichs. Bevor meine Symptome begannen, hatte ich eine schlimme Grippe, gefolgt von einer Nasennebenhöhlenentzündung, aufgrund der Schwindelanfälle und verstopften Ohren schlugen die Ärzte anfangs eine Labyrinthitis vor und sagten, sie würde in ein paar Wochen verschwinden, nun, das tat sie nicht und hier bin ich 18 Monate später und fühle mich schlechter als je zuvor.

Ich habe auch das Gefühl, dass sich meine Tiefen- und Distanzwahrnehmung verändert hat und mein Sehvermögen sich verändert hat und manchmal verschwommen ist, wenn mein Kopf am schlimmsten ist, was jeden Tag der Fall ist. Ich fühle mich auch manchmal nicht "anwesend". Wenn ich Auto fahre, fühle ich mich nicht dort!! Es ist so seltsam, das zu erklären.

Ich möchte nur ständig schlafen und ich kann mich morgens nie aufraffen, auch nach 10 Stunden Schlaf...

Die oben genannten Details sind nur ein Schnappschuss, wo ich gerade stehe, ich habe eine zweite Überweisung an einen Neurologen für eine zweite Meinung und warte jetzt auf ein weiteres MRI meines Gehirns. Ich will einfach mein Leben zurück und ich bin wirklich gespannt zu hören, wie es dir seit deinem letzten Beitrag vor ein paar Monaten geht. Freundliche Grüße K

My hubby has the same symptoms.  Have you found a diagnosis?

Die Beiträge sind Monate alt, aber ich habe dieselben Symptome. Ich bin nicht so müde. Ich kann noch arbeiten und funktionieren, aber ich bleibe schläfrig und egal wie viel Schlaf ich bekomme, ich möchte immer noch schlafen. Aber wieder, ich kann noch arbeiten. Ich habe das desorientierte Gefühl. Beim Fahren fühle ich mich genauso. Die Sicht ist seltsam. Kann man nicht beschreiben. Ja, die Tiefe und die Entfernung fühlen sich seltsam an. Selbst beim Gehen fühlt es sich an, als würden sich meine Augen mit meinen Schritten bewegen. Alles so seltsam. Ich frage mich, ob jemand Antworten gefunden hat..

Wirst du Infos schicken bitte

This is the closest I've found to anyone with similar symptoms, or at least similar enough to hopefully identify!

4 years ago, I had a very sudden onset of vertigo that lasted a couple days. Within weeks. I had a sudden attack that was so bad, I could not move. My husband had to get me and carry me to the bed. It got increasingly better over weeks, but i was left with a 24/7 ringing in my ears. It never left, and I still have it. At the time, they did an MRI to check for tumor, MS, etc. but found nothing. They said it was a virus that could take weeks to clear.

I have not felt well since that time! Fatigue, pain, swelling, fogginess, memory is crap. I used to get this weird "scrunchy" feeling in the top of my head that felt awful enough to keep me up at night, or just wore me out during the day. I have foggy days when my head is just tight, or feels stuffed(not "stuffy"/allergies). I too feel odd sensations occasionally when driving, even after the vertigo had left - not exactly dizzy, but as if I could go weak and drop the wheel or pass out...but not. It's a sudden and short sensation. Weird that someone else would say that.

Two years in, I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, and I thought I'd found my answers. (To symptoms I'd felt long before, but since a bad health issues can trigger RA, I thought the recent events might be linked.) I took prednisone for a time, and other RA meds that helped with the aches, fatigue, head pressure and head fogs, but they have scary long term side effects. A second doctor could not confirm the RA for certain, and stopped the meds. I feel like I'm back at square one.

I have no energy or stamina. My legs just ache through after simple things like cleaning dishes and cooking dinner. Most evenings I fall asleep in my chair after dinner, and I feel like all I do is work then sleep, with nothing left for family or fun.

I don't know if I have RA or not. But, I feel like something happened when that vertigo struck, and I've not felt the same every since.

I have a somewhat similar story. I really had to be my own advocate and keep researching for myself. I was finally diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome after we ruled out many other things, however, that is not the end of my story. There is no real cure for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and I wanted a better answer. While doing all of my research I too discovered the word "labyrinthitis" which caused me to look at my balance issues and past Vertigo episodes in a new light.  Pretty much everything you describe could be symptoms of Vestibular Disorders. I suggest you google vestibular.org or VEDA they are both the same site and look at the symptoms page and continue your research from there if that makes sense to you. My story is on going but I am getting some answers finally. I have recently learned that I have a growth in my ear that has been there and growing off and on since birth (I'm 50 years old) I have been to ENTs off and on years ago, Emergency room for Vertigo twice. Neurologist, Neurosurgeon and three MRIs and finally a specialist ( 3 weeks ago ) who looked at the MRIs and took one look inside my ear and knew exactly what was wrong. I am scheduled for follow up tests and meeting this Tuesday and will be scheduled for surgery to remove the growth.  He said many others should have caught it before now. Where I am at in my story is because I discovered the word labyrinthitis which led to the word vestibular which I brought up to my primary care provider.

Wo soll ich da anfangen! Bitte beachten Sie, dass ich voll und ganz mitfühle und mich mit allem identifizieren kann, was in dieser Diskussion gesagt wurde.

Bis vor 2 Jahren war ich eine begeisterte Läuferin und eine echte Macherin in allen Bereichen meines Lebens. Ich war fit wie ein Turnschuh, geistig hellwach und eine sehr fähige Frau. Bis eines Tages das Gefühl kam, als wäre mir der Teppich unter den Füßen weggerissen worden. Ich begann, viel Druck im Kopf, im Nacken und in den Ohren zu verspüren, begleitet von seltsamen stechenden Schmerzen durch den Kopf. Außerdem höre ich sehr plötzlich, durchdringende, elektrisch ähnliche Geräusche in meinem Kopf, wenn ich mich nachts schlafen lege. Diese Geräusche sind zwar sehr kurz, aber dennoch beunruhigend.

Beim Fahren habe ich ein periodisches Schwebegefühl, und das ist der Moment, in dem ich weiß, dass es gleich losgeht: Meine Sicht wird komisch, als wären die Dinge zu hell und irgendwie surreal, und dieses taube Kribbeln durch meinen Kopf und mein Gesicht. Das ist meistens der Moment, in dem ich komplett zusammenbreche und einem vollständigen Panikanfall erliege.

Ich habe das Gefühl, ich werde sterben, wenn es am schlimmsten ist. Infolgedessen gab es mehrere Besuche in der Notaufnahme, einige davon mit dem Krankenwagen.

Ich kann nicht mehr zur Arbeit reisen, und da ich das Glück habe, ein entgegenkommendes Arbeitsumfeld zu haben, arbeite ich jetzt von zu Hause aus. Ich finde es auch schwierig, sogar nur eine halbe Stunde Aerobic durchzuhalten (ich kann nicht mehr laufen, und ich muss etwas Cardio machen, also dachte ich, das wäre einen Versuch wert). Nach 15 Minuten, in denen ich die Bewegung und Aktivität genossen habe, bekomme ich ein körperliches Gefühl, dass es nicht gut enden wird, und ich beginne zu zittern und mich krank zu fühlen.

Mit alldem sind auch folgende Symptome vorhanden:

Schwindel

Übelkeit

Herzklopfen und Blutdruckschwankungen

Kribbeln in den Extremitäten (ich glaube, dass dies Teil der resultierenden Angst ist)

Plötzliches Aufwachen in der Mitte des Schlafs mit totaler Wachheit, begleitet von Angst

Niedrige Energie

Mangel an Ehrgeiz

Geistige Umnachtung

Außerdem habe ich manchmal, wenn ich stehe, das Gefühl, zu versinken oder zum Boden gezogen zu werden.

Ich kämpfe ständig gegen den Drang zu schlafen. Das ist das Beunruhigendste und Deprimierendste, da ich vor all dem eine sehr energiegeladene Person war.

Ich habe folgende medizinische Tests durchgeführt:

EKG und Belastungstest

MRI und CT-Scan

Bluttests

Ultraschall der Halsschlagadern

Ich war auch bei einem Neurologen

Ich warte auf einen HNO-Arzt, aber aufgrund meiner Lage dauert es 18 Monate, bis ich einen Termin bekomme.

Ich habe meine Ernährung komplett umgestellt, um Probiotika einzubeziehen und Chemikalien wie Chlor, Fluorid, Pestizide und Fleisch, das mit Antibiotika und/oder Hormonen aufgezogen wurde, zu eliminieren. Ich stelle sicher, dass ich niemals, niemals hungrig bin. Es sind 2 Jahre vergangen, und immer noch keine Erleichterung.

Ich bin eine sehr mäßige Raucherin (etwa 4 pro Tag, wenn überhaupt), mäßige Kaffee- und Weinkonsumentin. Ich werde in diesem Jahr 55 Jahre alt und habe mich auf den Ruhestand gefreut, einfach weil ich immer zu beschäftigt war, um zu arbeiten. Ich habe eine Vielzahl von Interessen und Projekten außerhalb der Arbeit - mein Leben war sehr erfüllt und sehr sehr angenehm.

Jetzt habe ich kaum die Fähigkeit, einen Tag zu überstehen und mehr zu erreichen, als das Bett zu machen und eine Mahlzeit zuzubereiten.

Das Einzige, was ich besser kann, ist, meinem Mann zu verheimlichen, wie schlecht ich mich fühle. Ich weiß, dass er besorgt ist, weil er sieht, dass ich nicht ich selbst bin.

Mein Hausarzt hat es auf PTBS von einer Stressphase zurückgeführt, die vor 10 Jahren stattfand, und ist bereit, Antidepressiva anzubieten, die ich vehement ablehne. Ich glaube nicht, dass das eine Lösung ist. Was er nicht versteht, ist, dass es die körperlichen Symptome sind, die die Angst auslösen (abgesehen vom Kribbeln, wenn ich schließlich einen totalen Zusammenbruch habe), nicht umgekehrt.

Ich habe auch Akupunktur, Akutonik und chiropraktische Einstellungen für meinen Nacken, meine Schultern, meinen Rücken und meine Hüften versucht. Der Chiropraktiker knackt sogar meine Ohren, um eine ordnungsgemäße Drainage zu gewährleisten.

Obwohl ich Ihren Schmerz fühle, gibt es etwas Trost darin zu wissen, dass wir nicht allein sind. Ich weiß nicht, was die anderen gemacht haben, aber ich habe in Betracht gezogen, dass ich entweder verrückt bin oder gut auf dem Weg dahin.

Wenn jemand von Ihnen etwas gefunden hat, das funktioniert, oder endlich richtig diagnostiziert wurde, bitte, bitte teilen Sie es.

Noch etwas, und ich habe vergessen zu erwähnen, ich hatte 2010 eine Episode von Schwindel (die Art, bei der sich alles dreht). Es dauerte etwa 6 Monate, verschwand aber komplett 6 Jahre bevor all das hier anfing.

Danielle,

Um der Zeit willen möchte ich nur sagen, dass ich ebenfalls genau das durchgemacht habe, was du gerade durchmachst... die Schwindelgefühle, die seltsamen Kopfempfindungen, sogar Geräusche in meinem Kopf wie Schläge, Stöße und wellenartige Gefühle, das Zittern, die visuelle Wahrnehmung, als ob meine Augen tatsächlich vor dem Schlaf REM hätten. Fast ALLE anderen Symptome, die du teilst. Schwäche an manchen Tagen, einfach neben der Spur. Hausarzt, CT-Scans, ENG-Test... Ultraschall usw. Dann stellte sich heraus, dass ich beim HNO-Arzt eine Eustachische-Röhren-Dysfunktion hatte. Er hat mich auf Flanase, ein steroidales Nasenspray, gesetzt, ich habe ein rezeptfreies Generikum bekommen. Er sagte, dass all die seltsamen Gefühle in meinem Kopf und die Schwindelgefühle und das komische Gefühl alle damit zusammenhängen. Auch die Geräusche wie Klopfen... Glauben Sie es oder nicht, es geht mir viel, viel besser. Es war wie zwei Wochen mit dem Spray und ich fühlte mich wie ein neuer Mensch. Ich hatte auch Gehirnzucken und elektrische Entladungen wie Feuerwerkskörper, die explodierten, aber das ist jetzt vorbei. Ich glaube, die waren von dem Stress, den ich wegen der anderen Symptome hatte. Ich hoffe, das hilft dir irgendwie. Es klingt zwar zu einfach, aber was hast du zu verlieren, wenn du es versuchst... Ich war etwa zwei Monate oder länger auf dem Spray, jetzt bin ich abgesetzt und die Symptome sind immer noch weg... Ich bekomme gelegentlich noch Gehirnzucken, aber ich habe bemerkt, dass es passiert, wenn ich angespannt und gestresst bin vom Tag. Ich hoffe, das hilft. Pass auf dich auf

Terrie:

​Vielen Dank. Ich nehme an, das ist etwas, was andere Mediziner übersehen haben, da sie keine HNO-Spezialisten sind. Ich hoffe, dass ich bald einen Termin bekommen werde. Ich werde zu dieser Diskussion zurückkehren, sobald ich diesen Termin hatte, um die Ergebnisse zu posten.

​Das hat mir sehr viel Hoffnung gegeben, und noch einmal kann ich Ihnen nicht genug danken.

Passen Sie auf sich auf

Sehr gerne. Das oben sollte Flonase Nasenspray, rezeptfrei, heißen...hat mir wirklich geholfen..jetzt, wenn ich nur mein Tinnitus loswerden könnte, wäre ich in einer ziemlich guten Verfassung..smile

I have all the same symptoms and have not resolved my issue either..I was told i have a vestibular problem and it would not go away unless i take antihistamine and sudafed..(decongestants) which do help but to a very small degree..also mucinex helps a tiny bit..for my ears and the tight feeling of them pushing on my ear drum.. i have seen 7 specialists and had 3 MRIs..CATs and so on..everything is normal...i have been also told its Fibromyalgia..

I see another doc on the 17th of may..a Neurolagist...I have been told its menopause also. I have been depressed by this for so long and fear i will never recover....I feel your pain and misery. Eye exercises help me for the off balance feeling and the neck tightness i have from straining to stay steady. Nothing works.

Hi,, i have all the same symptoms you have..noise in my head (ears) major vestibular problems roaring in my head ears (whatever) they are permanent...Feels like the flu or head cold that will not go away..its insane..i have even seen psychiatrists..and nothing..now i have additional problems..like knee pain and long term constipation and heartburn..its a never ending list of balance problems and me doubting my sanity. I also have the symptoms of a migraine without pain..I will be sitting and suddenly i feel my neck tighten up and feel nausea and weakness like i might die or pass out..then i feel my ears jump and pop inside and a feeling of dread in case a sudden noise will burst my ear drum..its a nightmare. Anxiety comes from these symptoms its not anxiety though its worse. I think its a Virus. who knows? I have not worked for a few years..and i am 57 now...so that is 4 years i have had this. i am fit in every other way though..Every test under the sun has returned NORMAL...what ever that is. Stress makes it worse. I live in the USA.

I have the same issues with the visual problems .its so unreal..Nothing could have prepared me for this..even being told stories like "menopause" or anxiety..its not that...its a brain or balance problem that will not go away..i am terrified to drive incase i verge off the road..Feels like a permanent flu..or brain disease.

All the other symptoms you have ,,,I have. I do eye exercises to stop the falling sensation..I have had the most advanced doctors in Stanford hospital in Silicon Valley help me..and nothing!! Muscle relaxers do help!!! (To take the heavy feeling off my head.) Migraine symptoms are similar.(without pain).

Lorraine,

Oh wow, ich kann mich mit den endlosen Angriffen auf den Körper identifizieren. Ich bin auch aus den USA und bin gerade 60 geworden. In den letzten zwei Jahren, seit ich Tinnitus habe, hatte ich eine Sache nach der anderen. Ich habe auch dieses Gefühl, als würde sich mein Kopf zusammenziehen, sowie Schmerzen hinter meinen Augen und Schläfen. Ich habe das generische rezeptfreie Floase für ein paar Monate eingenommen und es hat wirklich viele der seltsamen Kopfempfindungen und wiederkehrenden Schwindelgefühle gelindert. Ich habe immer noch den Tinnitus, die Augen- und Schläfenschmerzen, Müdigkeit und wellenartige Bewegungen in meinem Kopf, die mich manchmal nachts aufwecken... nichts, was ich früher hatte. Ich bekomme immer noch gelegentlich so etwas wie Gehirnschocks in meinem Kopf. Ich bin ratlos und die Ärzte schieben alles auf ETD, EUSTACHISCHE TUBENDYSFUNKTION, mit der ich diagnostiziert wurde. Ich hoffe, du bekommst bald einige Antworten.

Have gone through the exact same issues as you said. I have an appointment scheduled to see a neurosurgeon, but I'm wondering if like all the others, he won't find anything.  Will you please let me know what type of specialist you went to that diagnosed this?

Blessings!

Have gone through the exact same issues as you said. I have an appointment scheduled to see a neurosurgeon, but I'm wondering if like all the others, he won't find anything.  Will you please let me know what type of specialist you went to that diagnosed this?

Blessings!