Indisposto há 2 anos. Pressão nos ouvidos e na cabeça. Muito cansado.

Looking for an opinion on my last 2 years of being ill. I'm 46 years old, male, and in a good state of fitness. I'm not over-weight, have never smoked, and rarely drink.

I've seen numerous doctors and don't seem to be any closer to a diagnosis. I started visiting my GP with what felt like a lingering flu. Early symptoms included being over tired, pressure in ears, and generally not feeling well. I'd been dealing with a very stressful business situation in the 12-18 months before the symptoms started and was advised that I was probably run-down. Each time I went to the doctor they would take a blood test. Over at least 6 tests they would always tell me something different, but it always seemed to be that I had some unknown virus. At times my blood cell count was too many white cells, or too many red cells. The frustration was they could never tell me what was wrong. I had stress tests for my heart, CT scan and MRI. All came back normal. During this period I would sometimes have 2-3 weeks where I felt normal and was able to work and exercise. These periods of good health never lasted. Fast forward to about 6 months ago. My [now new] doctor referred me to an endocrinologist as it was thought there may be a thyroid problem. My first test did indicate that I may be hypothyroid but they didn't want to give me any medication as they thought it wasn't required. I didn't get any better over the next few months with the same symptoms continuing - pressure in my head and ears, fatigued, unable to concentrate etc. At my next visit to the endocrinologist my thyroid function had worsened slightly and I was put on 50mg of euthyroxine. My blood pressure was also fluctuating a lot with periods where it was around 150/104. I was prescribed medication to try and bring this under control. Around 4 weeks ago I was on a trip away from home and started to feel really awful. I felt my head pressure was increasing and when I shut my eyes the only thing I could hear was my heart beating with a pulsing feeling my head. I had frequent hot flushes, dizzy spells, and never ending ear pressure. I was sleeping frequently for hours during the day, but struggling to get a good nights sleep, perhaps due to building anxiety about what was wrong with me. 

Now back home, I went back to the doctor and explained how bad I was feeling. The main symptoms now being extreme fatigue, constant pressure in my ears, and a very strange feeling at the top of my head. I felt on a few occasions that I was going to faint, especially in the morning. I had tried exercising [cycling] one morning, and had to abandon after only a short time. I had also started to feel aches and pains in my legs and back. I explained to the doctor that the main symptoms that were worrying me were the inability to work [tired and no concentration span], the pressure in my head and ears, and the strange pounding sensation from my heart. I was thinking at this time that these may all be connected to being hypothyroid. The doctor ordered a new thyroid function test which came back right in the middle of the normal range. That has scared me as I feel dreadful, and have been pretty much consigned to bed for the last week. When I do get up I feel dizzy. My eyesight has changed. Hard to explain but it's just not feeling normal. I also feel that driving has a different sensation and I don't feel entirely safe. I still have episodes of feeling like I will faint, but never do. My doctor had asked me to take Zoloft [as she felt I was over anxious]. I didn't want to take them but did, thinking it would do no harm. The morning after taking it I felt even worse, with the dizzy feelings increased. Even 2 days later I still feel the effects. 

I'm trying to find out what could cause my symptoms and came up with various reports on labyrinthitis. As this seems to be a viral problem that can cause the feeling of ear fullness it seems to be a possibility. It's all I've come up now that it doesn't look thyroid is the source of the problem. Right now, I'm in the worst health I've been in years. I can't work, exercise and need to sleep 4-5 hours during the day. I have constant ear pressure, pressure in my head, dizziness, lack of energy, and muscle pain. Can anyone suggest what this could be. It's been 2 years now and I just seem to get worse. Writing this from bed as I don't seem to have the energy to stand up. 

 

Hi Marcuscent, Alot of what you describe sounds alot like M.E. For various reasons, I am unable to post a link here, but will pm you to a site that has loads of helpful information. A Friend of mine is suffering from this illness for the past few Years. It is hard to diagnose, and could be a reason to why they have not picked it up yet. I hope you get better and let us know how you are getting on. AL

Thanks. Will check your pm

Oi lá, seu post parece tão familiar com minha experiência, eu vasculhei esses sites nos últimos 18 meses e nunca respondi, acho que é porque eu estava procurando respostas, então aqui vai...

Há aproximadamente 18 meses, comecei com tonturas bastante severas, náuseas e ouvidos entupidos que não melhoraram desde então, o sintoma mais debilitante de todos é a névoa mental, agora é constante, acordo todos os dias e ela está lá assim que abro os olhos e permanece o dia todo até eu ir para a cama à noite. Isso me impede de funcionar, tenho dificuldade para trabalhar, cuidar dos meus filhos, gerenciar uma casa e cuidar de mim mesma, isso tomou conta da minha vida.

Antes de meus sintomas começarem, eu estava em forma e saudável, eu não pensaria duas vezes em colocar meus tênis e correr ou andar de bicicleta para treinar para um triatlo ou meia maratona e agora mal consigo correr uma milha.

Estou cansada o tempo todo, não consigo me concentrar ou lembrar das coisas e não consigo lembrar nenhuma informação de memória de curto prazo. Meu corpo todo dói e me sinto geralmente indisposta.

Eu já consultei muitos médicos e profissionais de saúde, incluindo neurologistas, endocrinologistas, otorrinolaringologistas, nutricionistas e muitos terapeutas alternativos, procurando respostas sobre como minha saúde pode ter mudado de direção como aconteceu.

Eu também fiz incontáveis exames de sangue, ressonância magnética, EEG, para tudo o que é possível e todos os relatórios voltam normais, exceto por um cortisol baixo em uma ocasião, mas isso foi repetido e voltou dentro do limite inferior da faixa normal. Antes de meus sintomas começarem, tive um surto de gripe, seguido por uma infecção sinusal, devido às tonturas e ouvidos entupidos, os médicos sugeriram labirintite no início e disseram que isso iria melhorar em algumas semanas, bem, não melhorou e aqui estou eu, 18 meses depois, me sentindo pior do que nunca.

Eu também sinto que minha percepção de profundidade e distância mudou e minha visão alterou e pode às vezes ficar embaçada quando minha cabeça está no seu pior, que é todos os dias. Eu também sinto que não estou "presente" às vezes. Se eu estiver dirigindo meu carro, não sinto que estou lá! É tão estranho tentar explicar.

Eu só quero dormir o tempo todo e nunca consigo levantar de manhã, mesmo depois de 10 horas de sono...

Os detalhes acima são apenas um instantâneo de onde estou com as coisas, tenho uma segunda consulta com um neurologista para uma segunda opinião e agora estou esperando por uma ressonância magnética adicional no meu cérebro. Eu só quero minha vida de volta e estou realmente ansiosa para saber como você está indo desde sua última postagem, alguns meses atrás. Atenciosamente, K

My hubby has the same symptoms.  Have you found a diagnosis?

Os posts são de meses atrás, mas tenho os mesmos sintomas. Não estou tão cansado, porém. Ainda consigo trabalhar e me manter ativo, mas fico sonolento e, não importa quanto sono eu tenha, ainda quero dormir. Mas, novamente, ainda consigo trabalhar. Tenho a sensação de desorientação. Quando dirijo, me sinto da mesma forma. A visão está estranha. Não consigo descrever. Como se sim, a profundidade e a distância parecem estranhas. Até quando ando, parece que meus olhos se movem junto com meus passos. Tudo tão estranho. Me pergunto se alguém encontrou alguma resposta...

Você pode me enviar as informações, por favor?

This is the closest I've found to anyone with similar symptoms, or at least similar enough to hopefully identify!

4 years ago, I had a very sudden onset of vertigo that lasted a couple days. Within weeks. I had a sudden attack that was so bad, I could not move. My husband had to get me and carry me to the bed. It got increasingly better over weeks, but i was left with a 24/7 ringing in my ears. It never left, and I still have it. At the time, they did an MRI to check for tumor, MS, etc. but found nothing. They said it was a virus that could take weeks to clear.

I have not felt well since that time! Fatigue, pain, swelling, fogginess, memory is crap. I used to get this weird "scrunchy" feeling in the top of my head that felt awful enough to keep me up at night, or just wore me out during the day. I have foggy days when my head is just tight, or feels stuffed(not "stuffy"/allergies). I too feel odd sensations occasionally when driving, even after the vertigo had left - not exactly dizzy, but as if I could go weak and drop the wheel or pass out...but not. It's a sudden and short sensation. Weird that someone else would say that.

Two years in, I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, and I thought I'd found my answers. (To symptoms I'd felt long before, but since a bad health issues can trigger RA, I thought the recent events might be linked.) I took prednisone for a time, and other RA meds that helped with the aches, fatigue, head pressure and head fogs, but they have scary long term side effects. A second doctor could not confirm the RA for certain, and stopped the meds. I feel like I'm back at square one.

I have no energy or stamina. My legs just ache through after simple things like cleaning dishes and cooking dinner. Most evenings I fall asleep in my chair after dinner, and I feel like all I do is work then sleep, with nothing left for family or fun.

I don't know if I have RA or not. But, I feel like something happened when that vertigo struck, and I've not felt the same every since.

I have a somewhat similar story. I really had to be my own advocate and keep researching for myself. I was finally diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome after we ruled out many other things, however, that is not the end of my story. There is no real cure for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and I wanted a better answer. While doing all of my research I too discovered the word "labyrinthitis" which caused me to look at my balance issues and past Vertigo episodes in a new light.  Pretty much everything you describe could be symptoms of Vestibular Disorders. I suggest you google vestibular.org or VEDA they are both the same site and look at the symptoms page and continue your research from there if that makes sense to you. My story is on going but I am getting some answers finally. I have recently learned that I have a growth in my ear that has been there and growing off and on since birth (I'm 50 years old) I have been to ENTs off and on years ago, Emergency room for Vertigo twice. Neurologist, Neurosurgeon and three MRIs and finally a specialist ( 3 weeks ago ) who looked at the MRIs and took one look inside my ear and knew exactly what was wrong. I am scheduled for follow up tests and meeting this Tuesday and will be scheduled for surgery to remove the growth.  He said many others should have caught it before now. Where I am at in my story is because I discovered the word labyrinthitis which led to the word vestibular which I brought up to my primary care provider.

Por onde começar!  Por favor, note que eu simpatizo totalmente e me identifico com tudo o que todos disseram nesta discussão.

​Até há 2 anos, eu era uma corredora ávida e uma pessoa muito determinada em todos os aspectos da minha vida.  Eu estava em ótima forma, mentalmente afiada e uma mulher muito capaz.  Até que um dia, foi como se o tapete fosse arrancado debaixo dos meus pés.  Comecei a sentir muita pressão na cabeça, no pescoço e nos ouvidos, acompanhada de dores estranhas e agudas na cabeça.  Também tenho sons muito repentinos e penetrantes, como descargas elétricas, na minha cabeça quando me deito para dormir à noite.  Esses sons são muito passageiros, mas perturbadores, mesmo assim.

​Enquanto dirijo, sinto uma sensação periódica de flutuação, e é quando sei que vai acontecer: Minha visão fica toda estranha, como se as coisas estivessem muito brilhantes e de forma surreal, e uma sensação de formigamento entorpecido pela minha cabeça e rosto.  É geralmente quando tenho um colapso completo e sucumbo a ataques de pânico totais.

​Sinto que vou morrer quando está no seu pior.  Como resultado, houve várias viagens ao pronto-socorro, algumas de ambulância.

Não posso mais viajar para o trabalho, e como sou sortuda por ter um ambiente de trabalho acomodatício, agora trabalho em casa.  Também acho difícil completar até mesmo meia hora de aeróbicos (não posso mais correr, e preciso de um pouco de cardio, então achei que valeria a pena tentar).  Depois de seguir por 15 minutos e aproveitar o movimento e a atividade, sinto uma sensação física de que não vai terminar bem, e começo a tremer e me sentir mal.

​Com tudo isso, os seguintes sintomas também estão presentes:

tontura

náusea

palpitações cardíacas e flutuações de pressão arterial

formigamento nas extremidades (acredito que isso faça parte da ansiedade resultante)

despertar repentino no meio do sono para total alerta acompanhado de ansiedade

baixa energia

falta de ambição

neblina mental

​Às vezes, quando estou em pé, sinto como se estivesse afundando ou sendo puxada para o chão.

​Luto continuamente contra o desejo de tirar um cochilo.  Isso é o mais perturbador e deprimente, pois eu era uma pessoa de muita energia antes de tudo isso começar.

​Fiz os seguintes exames médicos:

​Eletrocardiograma e teste de estresse

​Ressonância magnética e tomografia computadorizada

Exames de sangue

Ultrassom nas artérias carótidas

​Já consultei um neurologista

​Estou esperando por um otorrinolaringologista, porém, devido à minha localização, leva 18 meses para conseguir uma consulta.

Mudei completamente minha dieta para incluir probióticos, eliminar produtos químicos como cloro, flúor, pesticidas e carne criada com antibióticos e/ou hormônios.  Também me certifico de nunca, jamais ficar com fome.  Faz dois anos, e ainda sem alívio.

​Sou uma fumante moderada (cerca de 4 por dia, se tanto), bebo café e vinho moderadamente.  Vou fazer 55 anos este ano e estava ansiosa para me aposentar, simplesmente porque sempre estava muito ocupada para trabalhar.  Tenho uma multidão de interesses e projetos fora do trabalho - minha vida era muito cheia e muito, muito prazerosa.

​Agora, mal tenho a capacidade de passar por um dia e realizar mais do que arrumar a cama e preparar uma refeição.  

A única coisa que melhorei foi esconder como me sinto mal do meu marido.  Sei que ele está preocupado, porque vê que não sou eu mesma.

​Meu médico de família atribuiu isso ao TEPT de um período de estresse que aconteceu há 10 anos e está livre para oferecer antidepressivos, que recuso veementemente a tomar.  Não acredito que isso seja uma solução.  O que ele não está entendendo é que são os sintomas físicos que estão causando a ansiedade (além do formigamento quando finalmente tenho um colapso total), e não o contrário.

​Também tentei acupuntura, acutônica e ajustes quiropráticos no meu pescoço, ombros, costas e quadris.  O quiroprático até estala os meus ouvidos para garantir o drenagem adequada.

​Embora eu sinta sua dor, algum conforto pode ser encontrado em saber que não estamos sozinhos.  Não sei sobre o resto de vocês, mas considerei o fato de que estou louca ou bem no caminho para ficar louca.  

​Se algum de vocês encontrou algo que funciona ou foi finalmente diagnosticado corretamente, por favor, por favor, por favor, compartilhe.

Mais uma coisa, e eu esqueci de mencionar, tive um episódio de vertigem em 2010 (aquele tipo que gira). Durou cerca de 6 meses, mas desapareceu completamente 6 anos antes de tudo isso começar.

Danielle,

Por uma questão de tempo, deixe-me apenas dizer que também sofri com exatamente o que você está passando... os tonturas, as sensações estranhas na cabeça, até sons na minha cabeça como batidas, batidas e sensações tipo ondas, os tremores, as visões como se meus olhos estivessem realmente fazendo REM antes de dormir. Quase TODOS os outros sintomas que você está compartilhando. Fraqueza em alguns dias, apenas desorientado. Médico de família, tomografias, teste de ENG... ultrassom, etc. Depois descobri no otorrinolaringologista que eu tinha disfunção da tuba de Eustáquio. Ele me colocou no Flanase, spray nasal com corticoide, eu comprei o genérico de venda livre. Ele disse que todas as sensações estranhas na minha cabeça, os tonturas e as sensações de desequilíbrio estavam todos relacionados a isso. Os sons também, como batidas... Acredite ou não, estou muito, muito melhor. Foi como 2 semanas no spray e eu me senti como uma pessoa nova. Eu também tinha choques cerebrais e cargas elétricas como estalos de fogos de artifício, não mais. Acredito que esses eram devido ao estresse que eu estava carregando devido aos outros sintomas que eu estava tendo. Espero que isso de alguma forma ajude. Eu sei que parece um remédio muito fácil, mas, afinal, o que há a perder tentando... Fiquei no spray por cerca de 2 meses ou mais, agora estou fora e os sintomas ainda desapareceram... Eu ainda ocasionalmente tenho os choques cerebrais, mas percebi que é quando estou tensa e estressada do dia. Espero que isso ajude. Cuide-se

Terrie:

​Muito obrigado. Acho que é isso que os outros profissionais de saúde não levaram em conta, pois não são especialistas em ORL. Espero marcar essa consulta em breve. Voltarei a esta discussão, assim que tiver a consulta, para postar os resultados.

​Isso me deu muita esperança, e, mais uma vez, não consigo agradecer o suficiente.

Cuide-se

Fico feliz em ajudar. O que eu disse acima se refere ao spray nasal Flonase, de venda livre... realmente me ajudou... agora se eu conseguir me livrar da minha tinnitus, estarei em ótima forma...smile

I have all the same symptoms and have not resolved my issue either..I was told i have a vestibular problem and it would not go away unless i take antihistamine and sudafed..(decongestants) which do help but to a very small degree..also mucinex helps a tiny bit..for my ears and the tight feeling of them pushing on my ear drum.. i have seen 7 specialists and had 3 MRIs..CATs and so on..everything is normal...i have been also told its Fibromyalgia..

I see another doc on the 17th of may..a Neurolagist...I have been told its menopause also. I have been depressed by this for so long and fear i will never recover....I feel your pain and misery. Eye exercises help me for the off balance feeling and the neck tightness i have from straining to stay steady. Nothing works.

Hi,, i have all the same symptoms you have..noise in my head (ears) major vestibular problems roaring in my head ears (whatever) they are permanent...Feels like the flu or head cold that will not go away..its insane..i have even seen psychiatrists..and nothing..now i have additional problems..like knee pain and long term constipation and heartburn..its a never ending list of balance problems and me doubting my sanity. I also have the symptoms of a migraine without pain..I will be sitting and suddenly i feel my neck tighten up and feel nausea and weakness like i might die or pass out..then i feel my ears jump and pop inside and a feeling of dread in case a sudden noise will burst my ear drum..its a nightmare. Anxiety comes from these symptoms its not anxiety though its worse. I think its a Virus. who knows? I have not worked for a few years..and i am 57 now...so that is 4 years i have had this. i am fit in every other way though..Every test under the sun has returned NORMAL...what ever that is. Stress makes it worse. I live in the USA.

I have the same issues with the visual problems .its so unreal..Nothing could have prepared me for this..even being told stories like "menopause" or anxiety..its not that...its a brain or balance problem that will not go away..i am terrified to drive incase i verge off the road..Feels like a permanent flu..or brain disease.

All the other symptoms you have ,,,I have. I do eye exercises to stop the falling sensation..I have had the most advanced doctors in Stanford hospital in Silicon Valley help me..and nothing!! Muscle relaxers do help!!! (To take the heavy feeling off my head.) Migraine symptoms are similar.(without pain).

Lorraine,

Oh, uau, consigo me identificar com os ataques intermináveis contra o corpo. Eu também sou dos EUA e acabei de fazer 60 anos. Nos últimos dois anos, desde a Tinitus nos ouvidos, tive uma coisa atrás da outra. Também sinto o aperto na cabeça, além de dores atrás dos olhos e nas têmporas. Tomei o genérico de venda livre floase por alguns meses e realmente ajudou muito com as estranhas sensações na cabeça e os tonturas recorrentes. Ainda tenho a Tinitus, as dores nos olhos e nas têmporas, fadiga e movimentos ondulatórios na cabeça, às vezes que me acordam à noite... nada como antes. Ainda sinto ocasionalmente como se fossem choques no cérebro na minha cabeça também... estou sem saber o que fazer e os médicos atribuem tudo à Disfunção do Tuba Eustáquio, que me foi diagnosticada... espero que você logo consiga algumas respostas...

Have gone through the exact same issues as you said. I have an appointment scheduled to see a neurosurgeon, but I'm wondering if like all the others, he won't find anything.  Will you please let me know what type of specialist you went to that diagnosed this?

Blessings!

Have gone through the exact same issues as you said. I have an appointment scheduled to see a neurosurgeon, but I'm wondering if like all the others, he won't find anything.  Will you please let me know what type of specialist you went to that diagnosed this?

Blessings!